BBQ Sauce

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
We used to make a lot of BBQ Sauce @ home but it's hard to beat some of the store bought sauces like Sweet Baby Rays, Stubbs and the shed. Anyone else have a favorite?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I like Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet because my rub has a lot of heat to it and the sweetness of the sauce goes well with it.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
My folks had a secret recipe. They would cook it up and can it in mason jars whenever the supply ran low. Supposedly my dad was the only one that my mom's uncle-in-law in Gordo gave it to. It was really good but runny; used more for basting while cooking.

I like Sweet Baby Ray's best but I have a sweet tooth.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
My wife makes ours from scratch sometimes ... tomato-based. It's getting better all the time. Very good stuff but it's always a work in progress.

Sweet Baby Rays is a very good base if you're in a hurry. I have to admit I didn't think much of it a few years back since I've not been into sweet stuff so much but after creating some recipes for it, I've come to acknowledge it's a very good one.

Believe it or not, Kraft's basic sauce is a good base (it's so blasted simple) if you're going be adding much of your own stuff to it to develop it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.