Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Contrition would go a long way in seeing him as reformed. I haven't seen any.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

You find out the real mettle and character of a person when they face adversity. THIS is Cam. He's a petulant child. When things go well for him he dances and smirks and taunts and rubs it in the opponents face. Here is 150 secs of him reacting to NOT getting his way. Look at his body language....sulking, sighing, rolling his eyes, and pooching his lip out. He could out sulk a 3 year old. There is NOTHING admirable about his behavior.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

You find out the real mettle and character of a person when they face adversity. THIS is Cam. He's a petulant child. When things go well for him he dances and smirks and taunts and rubs it in the opponents face. Here is 150 secs of him reacting to NOT getting his way. Look at his body language....sulking, sighing, rolling his eyes, and pooching his lip out. He could out sulk a 3 year old. There is NOTHING admirable about his behavior.
His own teammates and Panthers front office was calling him for this type behavior in games when they were losing (until this past year) or Cam was not playing well. When it's good it is all great, but when it's bad..........

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I need a good laugh.:biggrin: Wasn't there a gif of a spider crossing the screen on the play where he sloughed off diving for the football on a fumble?:eek2: Or was that someone else?:conf2:

Roll Tide!

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL

This x 100. He acts like a 3 yr old. When things go great, it's all biscuits and gravy. When things don't, he sulks and pouts. Don't come out and pretend to be Superman when you can't hear an opposing player talk and have to walk off like an offended old woman. Can't stand him and it has nothing to do with him being an Aub..

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

You wouldn't believe the number of times times he makes kids' days when the camera isn't rolling.

He surprised a kid with terminal cancer for an early Halloween party, and the world only found out because that family tweeted about it later. Same thing with him visiting the families of Charleston victims, visiting kids’ hospitals, his charity foundation etc. He visited elementary schools in the area every week, even during football season, while he was at Auburn.

There are countless examples out there of him making a kid’s day when he thought nobody was watching.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock into that. At least a major part of that was for "show". His Heisman campaign was handled by people that know what he needed to do for style points.

Let's not forget that Cam is a documented narcissist. He absolutely thrives on adoration, be it from elementary school kids or college kids.

Has he grown up the last few years? I don't see any evidence of it. Narcissism is not something that you grow out of...:cool2:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Well, I have a cousin that played TE at auburn during the 80's when all 3 were there. He is still very close to Frank. When the Big Hurt shoes came out we all got free pairs, as well as, other clothing items. This is just my .02, believe what your friend says and I will belive what my cousin says and what I have experienced with my own eyes.

I don't doubt anything that you say. In fact, that was always what my impression was.

When I asked my buddy what he thought of having Frank Thomas on the team, he got agitated. (That is an understatement.)

Maybe I should rephrase this: what goes on in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse. Or, at least it should. I am privy to some things that perhaps I should not be privy to.

(98% of what I am privy to, but perhaps shouldn't be, is some really funny stuff. Still, I don't repeat any of it. I rarely hear about the other 2%, so I definitely will not repeat any of it.)

(Ok, the funniest one involves a certain no-name pitcher, and his actions at the post-game buffet. Stuff like that. Said no-name later got a World Series ring, so add that into the mix.)

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Greg Maddux?
Doesn't seem like Maddux style. Also, he only ever went to the world series with the Braves and just pitched for the Cubs, not the White-Sox before that.

Greg Maddux is my favorite pitcher of all time. Dude is seriously underrated despite being a Hall of Fame pitcher.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Doesn't seem like Maddux style. Also, he only ever went to the world series with the Braves and just pitched for the Cubs, not the White-Sox before that.

Greg Maddux is my favorite pitcher of all time. Dude is seriously underrated despite being a Hall of Fame pitcher.
Probably not, Frank and Greg never played together.
Sorry. I didn't read closely enough and didn't understand that it was somebody who played with Thomas. My bad. Maddux was involved in some crazy stuff (pranks/hijinx) and it sounded like something he'd do.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

You should look into his charity work. It's pretty extensive.
Cam said early in his career he wanted to help and or work with children. I think he has a soft spot for kids and it's not some phony ploy to make himself look better.

I don't believe Auburn had much to do with shaping his viewpoint or helping him mature in any way. That is the thing that is the most hilarious. Some Auburn fans feel they had a huge part in transforming Cam into a much better person than he was before they bought....uh I mean, recruited him.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Cam said early in his career he wanted to help and or work with children. I think he has a soft spot for kids and it's not some phony ploy to make himself look better.

I don't believe Auburn had much to do with shaping his viewpoint or helping him mature in any way. That is the thing that is the most hilarious. Some Auburn fans feel they had a huge part in transforming Cam into a much better person than he was before they bought....uh I mean, recruited him.
You can be charitable and still be a tremendous piece of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.