Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

You can be charitable and still be a tremendous piece of crap.
I agree, but Cam just seems very immature. I think he relates to children much better than adults. He will probably be emotionally immature his whole life. Children often act the same way Cam does. They can be passionate and helpful one minute and fitfully selfish the next. That just seems to fit Cams personality IMHO.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

I agree, but Cam just seems very immature. I think he relates to children much better than adults. He will probably be emotionally immature his whole life. Children often act the same way Cam does. They can be passionate and helpful one minute and fitfully selfish the next. That just seems to fit Cams personality IMHO.
You make a fair point that there is a difference between "just very immature" and something worse (call it malice or bad will). However, in an adult of his age, both are not good, and I would hesitate to say that fitful selfishness is okay because it "fits" somebody's personality, whatever that means.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

I would hesitate to say that fitful selfishness is okay
It's not OK even for children. Kids usually grow up and mature with age. I will say my opinion of Cam is better than that of JonnyFootball, and both have issues.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

It appears $$$ KaaChing KaaChing $$$ that the Barn $$$ KaaChing KaaChing $$$ has ramped up $$$ KaaChing KaaChing $$$ recruiting efforts. I gotta stay away from the B'ham News. :)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm confused http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/06/jay_jacobs_addresses_gus_malza.html
Jacobs weighed in on that perception as well.
"This entire league is about winning, but right now what we need is stability," he said. "We need somebody here who stands for the right things like Gus does, the best offensive mind in the nation, taken us to two national championships — which very few in this league can say that's happened to them; only two, I believe. So that's what it's about. It's not about perception. It's not about what the past is; it's about what we need right now moving forward.
Gus has taken team to 2 national championships and only two experienced it?

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jacobs weighed in on that perception as well.
"This entire league is about winning, but right now what we need is stability," he said. "We need somebody here who stands for the right things like Gus does, the best offensive mind in the nation, taken us to two national championships — which very few in this league can say that's happened to them; only two, I believe. So that's what it's about. It's not about perception. It's not about what the past is; it's about what we need right now moving forward.
If he wants to include the 2010 season, he might want to redo his research.

List of SEC head coaches with multiple NCG appearances while on staff:

Nick Saban
Gus Malzahn
Jim McElwain
Kirby Smart
Mark Stoops
Les Miles
Will Muschamp

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

I saw a mention of "clubhouse" up above and I have always been curious: Is it true that Auburn has a mural on the locker room wall that says (or illustrates) "Beat Bama"?
If that is true, then that is a microcosm of the problems of their entire football program, basically from the start, and definitely since 1948.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Can't take credit for this, picked it up off capstonereport, but boy does it ever fit.....

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

If he wants to include the 2010 season, he might want to redo his research. List of SEC head coaches with multiple NCG appearances while on staff: Nick Saban Gus Malzahn Jim McElwain Kirby Smart Mark Stoops Les Miles Will Muschamp

There's that pesky "math" thingy again...and, bless his heart, he doesn't even have to take one shoe and sock off for this one...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Maybe they wear their shirts inside out/Bass ackwards there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.