Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Fans always create and buy into hype, that never surprises me.

I will never understand why the likes of ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, etc bought in so hard on the Barn this year. They are the ones that are suppose to look at things objectively.

Why did anyone think Muschamp would turn this defense around, look at his UF defenses. Even if he is the genius everyone says he is, it would take more then 1 off season to turn it around.

Why did they also buy into the Johnson hype when he had only one previous start in the SEC. Then repeat the same hype with a QB that had never taken a snap on a college field.

The media didn't do the barn fans any good by adding to the hype all summer. Anyone who objectively looked at AU new that a mediocre season was a real possibility.
I just remembered Cowherd...I think he's off the air now but he was one insisting that Gus would win big again before Saban could. Cowherd's prediction is not looking so good these days.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I think the barn's dufficulty shows just how QB-centric that offense is.

If they still had Nick Marshall running it, I think they'd be far more successful. He wasn't a great QB in the classic sense, but he was perfect in that scheme.

Malzahn had some success with less-well-suited QBs earlier, but that was before the defenses began to catch up. Today those same players wouldn't enjoy the same performance.

Right now, they just don't have the quarterback to run it.

I'll now turn my attention to our own QB problems, which are not threatening us with implosion, but are keeping us from being a NC-caliber team.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Last edited:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

I can't find where somebody on this thread picked San Jose State to upset the eagles/tigers/whatever. But if the upset happens, they might just have the moving truck at Malzoid's door on Sunday morning.

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I can't find where somebody on this thread picked San Jose State to upset the eagles/tigers/whatever. But if the upset happens, they might just have the moving truck at Malzoid's door on Sunday morning.
If the barn fires moozahn, the jumbo Tron will be repossessed.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

that was me. if that happens, ill switch to a barn avatar for a month just to mock them.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

It's so bad they are complaining about the barner-tron being a distraction during the game (on their 24/7 Booger Getter board) with some complaining about the stadium vs. the new board.

My favorite comment - "It's almost like a 1986 Ford F-150 pulling a new $65k bass boat."

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

The lack of a running threat from their QB has really magnified Gus' shortcomings as a coach. He doesn't seem to be able to adapt his system to his players. I think one of the announcers said something Saturday night like, without a running QB there's not much to it (Gus' system).

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

It's so bad they are complaining about the barner-tron being a distraction during the game (on their 24/7 Booger Getter board) with some complaining about the stadium vs. the new board.

My favorite comment - "It's almost like a 1986 Ford F-150 pulling a new $65k bass boat."
That's about right.

That stadium is a major dump. Kind of like putting lipstick on a pig............:cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.