Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

I think the booger-tron board is so big is to try and distract people from the lack of seats. Because of that board, they will never have an upper deck in that end zone. Those boogers are so stupid.....

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

The lack of a running threat from their QB has really magnified Gus' shortcomings as a coach. He doesn't seem to be able to adapt his system to his players. I think one of the announcers said something Saturday night like, without a running QB there's not much to it (Gus' system).
Well here's the deal. In college football, it doesn't take long to turn things around, for better or for worse. My concern would be if Gus finds a good running QB who can throw, his offense is probably valid again. I know we are all enjoying what they're going through right now, but that usually doesn't last with these guys because they are so streaky. With that said, the "Kick-6" game reminded me so much of the "Punt Bama Punt" game in 1972, I hope it creates another minimum 9-game winning streak over the tiggers for the Tide.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

That's about right.

That stadium is a major dump. Kind of like putting lipstick on a pig............:cool2:
When it comes to that, ask some of the barner frat boys...there are some things that a pig just will not do....

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I think the booger-tron board is so big is to try and distract people from the lack of seats. Because of that board, they will never have an upper deck in that end zone. Those boogers are so stupid.....
Like blaming a knife and fork as the reason for being fat....

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

They don't want an upper deck. They can't sell the seats. This is the first season they've sold out season tickets before the season in a long time. My husband had season tickets for years but dropped them last year knowing that he could get "back on the list" at any time. He got several calls last year from the ticket dept. letting him know they still had his seats; just give us a call. You think Alabama would be doing that? If I didn't pay my Tide Pride bill they might be nice enough to give me a friendly reminder (maybe?) but after that it's NEXT.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

In addition to their qb problems, I've wondered if there are some issues with Malzahn's staff. Both Muschamp and Lance Thompson were paid big bucks to come aboard, I can't help but wonder if that has ruffled some feathers with some of the other staff members.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

That's about right.

That stadium is a major dump. Kind of like putting lipstick on a pig............:cool2:

There has been talk that expansion is not an option due to the soil and foundation not being able to handle an addition. However, they were able to hitch the fancy bass boat scoreboard to that 1986 Ford

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

In addition to their qb problems, I've wondered if there are some issues with Malzahn's staff. Both Muschamp and Lance Thompson were paid big bucks to come aboard, I can't help but wonder if that has ruffled some feathers with some of the other staff members.
Are you kidding, they are one big happy fambly.;)

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Something to keep an eye on - au just fired their baseball coach, allegedly due to compliance and ncaa issues. This is important because the "fired with cause" will allow a cash strapped au program to save the buyout of 1.25 million.

Funny that a program that bunkers down in regards to ncaa issues is now willing to "use" the ncaa to save themselves some cash.

There may not be 2 more important people to auburn than Dave Didion and Rich McGlynn, both came to the Au "Compliance" Department from ncaa enforcement offices in Indy. McGlynn is the guy who liased with the ncaa and Slive to keep Cam on the field.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062713aae.html

http://www.auburntigers.com/genrel/mcglynn_rich00.html

Galloway's attorney has promised action, and I think he will fight to clear his name and keep his cash. auburn may well rue the way they handled his firing

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

They don't want an upper deck. They can't sell the seats. This is the first season they've sold out season tickets before the season in a long time.
They sell out the years that they host the Iron Bowl. Want to guess why......?:cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Something to keep an eye on - au just fired their baseball coach, allegedly due to compliance and ncaa issues. This is important because the "fired with cause" will allow a cash strapped au program to save the buyout of 1.25 million.

Galloway's attorney has promised action, and I think he will fight to clear his name and keep his cash. auburn may well rue the way they handled his firing
awbern will pony up just to keep the dirty laundry out of the media.............:cool2:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Funny that a program that bunkers down in regards to ncaa issues is now willing to "use" the ncaa to save themselves some cash.

There may not be 2 more important people to auburn than Dave Didion and Rich McGlynn, both came to the Au "Compliance" Department from ncaa enforcement offices in Indy. McGlynn is the guy who liased with the ncaa and Slive to keep Cam on the field.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062713aae.html

http://www.auburntigers.com/genrel/mcglynn_rich00.html

Word is he got caught lying to Jay Jacobs' face. It was a compliance issue involving unsanctioned practices.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A

They don't want an upper deck. They can't sell the seats...
It's always a hilarious conversation, talking to barners who have changed, sold, and re-bought season tickets like it's nothing. Many truly don't realize how laughably impossible that is with Tide Pride, and everything that means. Part of what it means is that if Gus sustained greatness for 2-3 years (which would either fill Jordan-Hare, or maybe still not consistently), someone (Texas, USC, UF, UGA) would come offer to double Gus's salary and he'd be gone.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

It's always a hilarious conversation, talking to barners who have changed, sold, and re-bought season tickets like it's nothing. Many truly don't realize how laughably impossible that is with Tide Pride, and everything that means. Part of what it means is that if Gus sustained greatness for 2-3 years (which would either fill Jordan-Hare, or maybe still not consistently), someone (Texas, USC, UF, UGA) would come offer to double Gus's salary and he'd be gone.
Well, awbern definitely is not a "destination" job by any stretch of the imagination.......:cool2:

Last edited:

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

They don't want an upper deck. They can't sell the seats. This is the first season they've sold out season tickets before the season in a long time. My husband had season tickets for years but dropped them last year knowing that he could get "back on the list" at any time. He got several calls last year from the ticket dept. letting him know they still had his seats; just give us a call. You think Alabama would be doing that? If I didn't pay my Tide Pride bill they might be nice enough to give me a friendly reminder (maybe?) but after that it's NEXT.
Several of Auburn friends of mine have essentially said the same thing. I was also floored how good seats they could get in JH considering how recent they had started paying for season tickets. Short of willing a $10 million+ lottery, I'll never pay enough money to get Tide Pride.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Bring in the Holy Handgrenade..........:cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.