Nov 13, 2010
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

He'll be back in time for Jawja and Bama...........watch! :cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Still trying to figure out what big surprise was supposed to happen Saturday at Jerking Hair stadium. Duke played, Opie White was at QB and Rock still isn't a factor. Oh, and JJ's Heisman march is still on hold.
Many expected Duke to be kicked off the team prior to the Mississippi State game.

One of my Auburn friends is convinced they are going 0-8 in the SEC this year. If they end up going 4-8, can Gus keep his job?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Many expected Duke to be kicked off the team prior to the Mississippi State game.

One of my Auburn friends is convinced they are going 0-8 in the SEC this year. If they end up going 4-8, can Gus keep his job?
I would not bet against 0-8. At this point it looks like they only have a couple of potentially winnable SEC games (Arkansas and Kentucky) and I hesitate to even put Kentucky on that list. Both of those are road games for them.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I would not bet against 0-8. At this point it looks like they only have a couple of potentially winnable SEC games (Arkansas and Kentucky) and I hesitate to even put Kentucky on that list. Both of those are road games for them.
It will be hard for a young QB to win at UK on a Thursday night IMO.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Pretty much all of them I've talked to over here have mailed it in this year. They are throwing up incidents like Gus giving Micheal Dyer so many chances and the Issues with Duke that they ignored when they were winning. They are crucifying him now for the same things they defended him as being a good "Aubren Man" a while back.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I know Jay Jacobs has made some questionable hires in the past, but I don't think he's that dumb.
Nope. For better or worse, they are stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Definitely!

They spent his buy-out money on a new scoreboard...:cool2:

The coaches of their OTHER major sports programs are in jeopardy however. :biggrin:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Definitely!

They spent his buy-out money on a new scoreboard...:cool2:

The coaches of their OTHER major sports programs are in jeopardy however. :biggrin:
"Whenever Mrs. Kissel (GUS) breaks wind we beat the dog (baseball coach)"

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I would like a reporter to ask Duke Williams how Auburn talked him into coming back for this season.
However...I doubt any reporter will follow up with him...they will just accept the Auburn party line.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I would like a reporter to ask Duke Williams how Auburn talked him into coming back for this season.
However...I doubt any reporter will follow up with him...they will just accept the Auburn party line.
Dameyune Craig mentioned "Gucci"...:cool2:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.