Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

I don't think Gus is coming back next year. Lashlee or Muschamp takes over. They can't afford to hire new coach.
Lashlee is "MiniGus", been w/ Gus since high school. That one is not going to happen.

The Barn hired a glorified high school coach that had 1 year of college head coaching experience. They got what they deserved. Really, really bone-headed move. This is the SEC, not the Sunbelt.

Last edited:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

I think a good proportion of the fan base is going to want him gone after this year. But I don't think they can come up with the money needed to pay him off and replace him.

Lots of my relatives are API graduates and fans. One played football there for a couple of seasons until he was injured. The ones who are still willing to talk about football are ready to get off the Gus Bus, a few even saying things like "the league has figured the offense out" or "the officials aren't being fair to us on the hurry up". They all think the rest of their season is going to be ugly. Don't know about 0-8 because Kentucky is so inconsistent but they may struggle with the Hogs.

Some of it is a matter of whether Gus can control the locker room. FWIW, I think getting rid of Duke was a step in the right direction. If Gus loses this team they may not just lose all their SEC games, they may get embarrassed a few more times like they did in Baton Rouge. I still think that's what did in Cheeze Whiz -- he wasn't just losing games, they were getting blown out and the kids had quit on him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

There's been some talk that Cowart might want to head out of Auburn and back home to Florida. If he does, would have to wonder if Jeffrey Holland would bolt, too. Cowart, Holland and CeCe Jefferson liked to talk about being a package deal during their recruitment.
Has Cowart played yet this season? :cool2:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

I knew things were bad.

But this has the potential to become epic, especially...

Well, I will wait before mentioning anything else. But there are issues and strife between unhappy big boosters and aub admin

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Also, according to Mark Murphy on radio, gussie has elected to hold another QB competition to determine the starter for Kentucky. Wise guy money has Johnson being named starter again - not Heisman winner yet, but starter with a probably fairly short leash

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL

Am I wrong for hoping they win 2 SEC games just so they can be bowl eligible and have to play in Legion Field?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Also, according to Mark Murphy on radio, gussie has elected to hold another QB competition to determine the starter for Kentucky. Wise guy money has Johnson being named starter again - not Heisman winner yet, but starter with a probably fairly short leash
Heard the same thing from a wise guy Auburn bud. He says the coaches still believe Johnson will be a good one in time.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I have noticed Malzhan never says anything negative about his team. Everything is always a positive. At the half of LSU and Miss St he was upbeat and positive. Now he "likes where Auburn stands" for Kentucky. This may be part of the problem there. It appears he can say "we can't block or tackle or run or throw." I wonder if he even knows when they are playing poorly? Has anyone else noticed this?

Even d'haquille Williams drew good things. Malzhan watched him grow as a person and thinks he is better for going to Auburn :eek2:

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

'All positions' open for competition during Auburn's bye week

With extra time to prepare for his team’s next opponent, Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn is reevaluating all 22 positions on offense and defense after his team’s less-than-impressive 3-2 start to the year.

“Right now this week, we decided all positions have opened up with competition,” Malzahn said Tuesday during his weekly press conference. “We really think that’s good, especially in an off week. We’re just letting them play.”

That competition begins at quarterback, where Malzahn has yet to name a starter for next Thursday’s game at Kentucky. Redshirt freshman Sean White has fared well managing Auburn’s offense in each of the last two games, though he has yet to throw a touchdown after replacing Jeremy Johnson after the junior was benched following three lackluster performances behind center.

“We feel good about the way Sean responded the last two games,” Malzahn said. “He really feel like he did some good stuff, showed us some toughness. But at the same time, we’re letting our guys compete.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.