Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Didn't they do that after the Jax State game, too? I just love watching this clown car of a coaching staff stumble through this season. :pDT_popc1:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Right now this week, we decided all positions have opened up with competition,” Malzahn said Tuesday during his weekly press conference. “We really think that’s good, especially in an off week. We’re just letting them play.”

I agree Gus, it is real good to be 0-2 in the SEC when you were picked to win it.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

I would think that having all of the starting players worrying about losing their starting position would somewhat detract from working on their assignments and learning the plays for the next game. But what do I know?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

When are we going to have pat dye come out with his statement of support? "I wouldn't take 10 Nick Saban's for 1 gus malzhan." LOL

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

When are we going to have pat dye come out with his statement of support? "I wouldn't take 10 Nick Saban's for 1 gus malzhan." LOL

Dye had a statement in teh media and papers today on the Williams situation

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Heard the same thing from a wise guy Auburn bud. He says the coaches still believe Johnson will be a good one in time.
According to Trent Dilfer and a QB guru Sean White is the second coming of Brady and Brees and some think he has an elite arm along with some of our posters. In watching 2 games he does not have an elite arm and certainly is not Brady/Brees, at least at this point in his career. I believe Johnson is their best option but it is not a very good option.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I have noticed Malzhan never says anything negative about his team. Everything is always a positive. At the half of LSU and Miss St he was upbeat and positive. Now he "likes where Auburn stands" for Kentucky. This may be part of the problem there. It appears he can say "we can't block or tackle or run or throw." I wonder if he even knows when they are playing poorly? Has anyone else noticed this?

Even d'haquille Williams drew good things. Malzhan watched him grow as a person and thinks he is better for going to Auburn :eek2:
See what I meant: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/duke_williams_punched_4_people.html#incart_river

but Gus still thinks he has grown as a person? Better off for being there? I would hate to see how he would behave if Gus and Auburn hadn't "made him better."

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

The "don" of barn football "supported coach gus manzen's (cough cough) decision (hack cough) to release dooky williams".
That just confirms his involvement in the program.......:cool2:

(Why even say that?)

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

That just confirms his involvement in the program.......:cool2:

(Why even say that?)
Because he wants to show that without his consent the move would not have been made. Dye may be the guy who was responsible for Sir Duke curiously returning and then getting pass after pass...

And here my dumb posterior was thinking Ole Fain was happy tottering round his farm and selling Japanese Maples

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Because he wants to show that without his consent the move would not have been made. Dye may be the guy who was responsible for Sir Duke curiously returning and then getting pass after pass...
Absolutely spot on...:cool2:

dathbama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2004
Ruckersville, VA
www.uvachurch.com

Auburn needs Duke Williams to move on to the NFL successfully. They are likely covering many things about the current and past incidents that they do not want to come to light. In the latest fight it may not have been just men that Duke hit. Also, it is very unlikely that he attended class.

Duke wants to go to the NFL and Auburn wants to move on without and further attention.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/12/colin_cowherd_has_message_for.html

Highlights: Cowherd called for Bama to lose the IB in 2014 and for AU to win back to back national titles.
I don't know why anybody takes those kinds of predictions seriously. All you can really say about a team prior to a season is that they are usually pretty good and look to be trending up or down. It's all so melodramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

How curious is it that Sir Duke (My Apologies to Mr. Wonder) has, by numerous accounts, assaulted FOUR people a few days ago, and has not even been arrested?

And no one has apparently elected to press charges?

Does anyone here think they could whale on four others in a bar and be allowed to just go home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.