Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old - Page 2
Page 2 of 358 FirstFirst 1234567891252102 ... LastLast

Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

You guys must not have seen the article about the barn's "peerle$$" coaching staff. I'm sure the article was true since it was on the internet. That means Ole Gu$$y will get everything fixed.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Moro Creek View Post
    You guys must not have seen the article about the barn's "peerle$$" coaching staff. I'm sure the article was true since it was on the internet. That means Ole Gu$$y will get everything fixed.
    the barn is having similar issues to georgia. in the end, it doesn't matter what coordinators or players you bring in, the problem is the head coach
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

CGM in my opinion is all offense, just out score everyone. They done gave Ol Will the big head as the best DC of all time when the best DC is really a HC and Ol Will's mentor, just across the state in T Town and the DC at Bama ain't too shabby either. This saturday will answer a lot of questions but I thought at the beginning of CWM's hire that all the high hopes from the Barner fans might be a little premature. The barn is still a dangerous team that can beat you if you come half steppin. Sorta like a rattle snake with only one fang, Also, I wonder if CGM is feeling threatened by the hire of Muschamp. Geaux Tigers
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar

Gee, I would hate to think the AU coaching staff might be dysfunctional.
    Last edited by Alabama22; September 16th, 2015 at 08:47 AM.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by JessN View Post
    Dye loves people who can beat Alabama. Once you stop beating Alabama the "review process" starts.
    I'd swear their only interview questions for coaches is ...

Forget BCS bowl games ... forget NC's ... Are you going to beat Alabama? If so, how do you plan to do it?
    ďI know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.Ē - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar

I have noticed the "friction" between CGM and his staff and players by just watching their games. You see it as plain as day. If JJ doesn't improve soon, there will be a huge meltdown and Tammy will not be the only one mad as hell. LOL.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Meh, I think this is a wishful thinking thread. Truth is that the Barnies ran into a Jacksonville State Team with a chip on its shoulder and they came out flat last weekend. They will rebound against the corndogs. I look for them to take LSU down actually.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Meh, I think this is a wishful thinking thread. Truth is that the Barnies ran into a Jacksonville State Team with a chip on its shoulder and they came out flat last weekend. They will rebound against the corndogs. I look for them to take LSU down actually.
    thing is, they were flat the week before too
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American mikeua69's Avatar

Apparently Jovon Robinson was screaming at Malzhan and had to be pulled away during the Jax State game.
    RTR

BamaNation First Team Bama Czar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikes12 View Post
    One thing that stuck out to me while watching their game Saturday was the halftime sideline interview with Gus. She asked him about what they needed to change with the defense. His response was, "we just gotta do better on offense."

I don't think Gus has the mindset of a head coach. He's still stuck in OC mindset.
    To be fair though, those "interviews" (as many others) are completely useless. Ever really gained any true insight from a single one?

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    thing is, they were flat the week before too
    Yea, I think it goes back to what Coach always says regarding teams only being able to get up for 3-4 big games a year. This Barn team can be dangerous if it focuses. Granted, they will not be near as good as what everyone thought preseason but LSU will certainly strike a chord with this bunch. Look for a tight game this weekend I suspect.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Yea, I think it goes back to what Coach always says regarding teams only being able to get up for 3-4 big games a year. This Barn team can be dangerous if it focuses. Granted, they will not be near as good as what everyone thought preseason but LSU will certainly strike a chord with this bunch. Look for a tight game this weekend I suspect.
    yeah, i didn't get to see any of lsu's game this past weekend so i have no idea what they bring to the table.

i remember we beat the living crap out of ole miss in 2000. i think the barners may have a similar season this year

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Catfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Czar View Post
    To be fair though, those "interviews" (as many others) are completely useless. Ever really gained any true insight from a single one?
    Once, I learned that we gotta stop that little inside trap.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy