Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - Page 4
Page 4 of 351 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    thing is, they were flat the week before too
    Yep and against a Louisville team that lost to Houston last week.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ccc2259 View Post
    Your thought process sounds spot on to me based on my personal observations. Can you share with us why you have reason to believe....? Is it something other than personal observation?
    Personal observation as well

And, enhanced by discussions with a few who should know

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeua69 View Post
    Apparently Jovon Robinson was screaming at Malzhan and had to be pulled away during the Jax State game.
    I'd like to see one player try to scream at Coach Saban. Methinks the player isn't the one that would have to be pulled away.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar

They will just raise the minimum wage on the football team and the whole barn team will start flashing wads of hundreds on insta-snap-tweet-o-gram and everyone will be fambly again.

BamaNation All-American MegaVars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    yeah, i didn't get to see any of lsu's game this past weekend so i have no idea what they bring to the table.

i remember we beat the living crap out of ole miss in 2000. i think the barners may have a similar season this year
    Against Miss. St.
    Passing - 9/14 - 71 yards 0 tds (they hurtin' at QB)
    Rushing - 47/266 yards 3 tds

On defense they held Miss. St. to 43 yards on 26 carries, but they gave up 335 yards to Prescott with no picks.

In a nutshell..... run heavy and solid defense.
    "And believe me, to have been in the city of Tuscaloosa in October when you were young and full of Early Times and had a shining Alabama gal by your side--to have had all that and then to have seen those red shirts pour onto the field, and, then, coming behind them, with that inexorable big cat walk of his, the man himself, The Bear--that was very good indeed." Howell Raines, a Washington correspondent for the New York Times.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVars View Post
    Against Miss. St.
    Passing - 9/14 - 71 yards 0 tds (they hurtin' at QB)
    Rushing - 47/266 yards 3 tds

On defense they held Miss. St. to 43 yards on 26 carries, but they gave up 335 yards to Prescott with no picks.

In a nutshell..... run heavy and solid defense.
    thanks. sounds like typical lsu. still no qb or offense.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    I thought Dye loved ole Gus.
    Depends on how sober the ole coot is at any given moment........

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Meh, I think this is a wishful thinking thread. Truth is that the Barnies ran into a Jacksonville State Team with a chip on its shoulder and they came out flat last weekend. They will rebound against the corndogs. I look for them to take LSU down actually.
    With the exception of a few on here; I have seen more auburn teams look crappy and yet miraculously rise from the ashes and beat us. Don't count on them self destructing just yet.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but never preserved except in memory LLAP" Leonard Nimoy

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    With the exception of a few on here; I have seen more auburn teams look crappy and yet miraculously rise from the ashes and beat us. Don't count on them self destructing just yet.
    Exactly, Albarn always plays their best game against Bama, LSU and Hail State.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Yep and against a Louisville team that lost to Houston last week.
    Best I remember, Houston had a decent team last year and just picked up where they left off. I actually picked Houston to beat Louisville last week.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation All-American

Lester is liable to give the ball to LF 50 times on Saturday. I'm unsure the API defense can stop him even if they know he's coming. I agree they could come back strong, but when the Fambly falls apart, they eat their young. Gus is at a very tenuous spot. They need to look good Saturday.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

for what looks like a QB that hasn't gotten it together just quite yet, in an offense that really relies on the QB, walking into Death Valley could spell trouble. He may just double that INT number this weekend.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    As have I. I'm not one to believe the Barn doesn't have talent. I believe the starting lineups are probably about as good as most SEC teams. Problem that Auburn faces is depth. Once you get pass the starters, the talent drops considerably. If you look at the JSU game, there were a number banged up from the Louisville game. Combine that with being flat, they were prime for the upset.

Duke Williams and now Javon Robinson? All a part of the Auburn dysfunctional fambly. Interesting to me that Robinson was the kid out of Memphis whose transcripts got "miraculously" changed in order to get into Auburn originally and was declared ineligible. He was recruited at the time by the dynamic duo of Troopie-Loopie. Wonder if he came back to Auburn with an entitlement "you owe me attitude"? Just thinking out loud here..

I fully expect the Barn to play well against LSU, but then I expect LSU to handle them pretty easy. But you still have the Les Miles factor to figure in.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."