Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Re: Right on cue. Auburn fans no longer interested in CFB.

Yeah they love coining us those names , it makes them feel so much more superior to us.
My favorite anti Bama sentiments is when they believe most Alabama fans are sidewalk or bandwagon fans that didn't attend UA. Our fans are not genuine and only root for UA when they are winning while their "fans" are true auburn supporters since most attended their beloved and sacred university of higher education. They bring it up in almost every thread or post when their team is having a down year and Bama is having success , it's an automatic self defense mechanism or comfort blanket to soothe their sensitive soul. :biggrin:
This one gets me too. My sil...their whole family went to au cept 1 (5 out of 6). She was a majorette there. She's aull in ;)...and they start crowing about the sidewalk fans at ua (because I'm one). Then it hits her...her oldest son went to the barn's southern campus...and she clams up. But that's seems to be the way they are. Her kid's high school is a 7a school. When they came to our high school and played football (granted they're not very good), they had about 100 fans in the stand. Think about that...there's 100 band members and 80'ish football players...and maybe 100 parents came. She told me after I griped about their lack of a gate, "we're just down, not very good"...so apparently they only support a winner. Just like down there at west Georgia.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

On some real talk, the biggest problem with the AU program is very similar to what held the Alabama program back before CNS - there are to way to many boosters, PTB, etc that have control of certain aspects of the program. That's why AU always hires a "figure head" head coach instead of an alpha male head coach. A coach like Saban, Meyer, Chip Kelly etc would never go to AU because they would not be able to run the program without constant input and baggage from those boosters and PTB. Thnk about who AU has hired recently: Tuberville, Chizik and Malzahn. I don't think any other top program would even consider any of those coaches. It reminds a little bit of the Dallas Cowboys situation. Jerry Jones is the owner and just wants a coach that won't question him and who will take direction. That's why the Cowboys have been mostly irrelevant for the past 20 years or so. Same deal with AU..

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I am truly sorry I read that, but any number of those posts could have come from my barner brother. His wife now says "he's lost all interest in football" and I just laugh and laugh, because I know as soon as the barn wins a game next year he'll be back hollering and screaming about how the barn has the best team of all time.
Some things never change.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Re: Aubie concedes resistance is futile

Sheesh.

I have seen WAY too many posts linking back to that cesspool side of the internet.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

you know the barners go into depression mode every time Bama wins a NC. you would think by now they would get use to it!!

the hogwash about more important things in Life than football is the same old tired and lame excuse they used to believe they are above it all. the truth is they are not Bama and hate the fact that their master is wining it all almost every year.

you mean to tell me if auburn was having the same success as Alabama in the last decade, they wouldn't be jumping for joy and celebrating their team and university's accomplishments??

news flash barners: you hate CFB because Alabama is on top and your beloved auburn is still the same mid tier SEC team that you always have been since your entire existence!!! the sooner you accept it , the sooner you can get back to reality and enjoy Life as well as the simple pleasures of watching football...
One of their defense mechanisms when we win is to try to tell us and anyone who might listen that bragging/gloating isn't right. I saw one Barner fan try to make the jump that winning NC won't get you to heaven when nobody I know (even the biggest, most illogical Bama fan) believes that.

I've seen it happen several times when Bama is doing well that some Auburn fans try to turn the discussion into a "Bama fans" not being Christian if we are happy our team wins.

But we all know if the Barn won another NC anytime soon, they'd be bragging that they've won 2 in the last ____ years.

It's a sickening use of Christianity in my opinion to tell others they shouldn't be happy. Guess they missed that verse about "rejoicing with those who rejoice."

Yeah they love coining us those names , it makes them feel so much more superior to us.
My favorite anti Bama sentiments is when they believe most Alabama fans are sidewalk or bandwagon fans that didn't attend UA. Our fans are not genuine and only root for UA when they are winning while their "fans" are true auburn supporters since most attended their beloved and sacred university of higher education. They bring it up in almost every thread or post when their team is having a down year and Bama is having success , it's an automatic self defense mechanism or comfort blanket to soothe their sensitive soul. :biggrin:
For years I've seen this side of the Barner Fambly. Somebody among them decided at some point that all Auburn fans graduated from Auburn and that hardly any Bama fans went to UA. I guess I missed the rule that you had to attend a school to be a fan. I guess they forget not every person can go to college and that UA might not have the degree you need so you go to another school.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

We just won our 16th National Championship and some of y'all are posting about auburn? Why can't we just enjoy our victory and ignore them?

I'm not shutting this down - do what you want - just wanted to make the point...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

We just won our 16th National Championship and some of y'all are posting about auburn? Why can't we just enjoy our victory and ignore them?

I'm not shutting this down - do what you want - just wanted to make the point...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Well, I must admit that it's slightly pleasurable to see how us winning really bothers them. I've never been the type to "stick it to someone" when my team beat theirs, but they aren't really taking our success very easily. :wink:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Believe it's called "schadenfreude" a curious and expressive German word. :smile:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Apparently one guy likes goat sandwiches. Who knew? Only at the barn.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

On some real talk, the biggest problem with the AU program is very similar to what held the Alabama program back before CNS - there are to way to many boosters, PTB, etc that have control of certain aspects of the program. That's why AU always hires a "figure head" head coach instead of an alpha male head coach. A coach like Saban, Meyer, Chip Kelly etc would never go to AU because they would not be able to run the program without constant input and baggage from those boosters and PTB. Thnk about who AU has hired recently: Tuberville, Chizik and Malzahn. I don't think any other top program would even consider any of those coaches. It reminds a little bit of the Dallas Cowboys situation. Jerry Jones is the owner and just wants a coach that won't question him and who will take direction. That's why the Cowboys have been mostly irrelevant for the past 20 years or so. Same deal with AU..
there was one poster on that thread I believe that said auburn has never had cohesive leadership, too many boosters/ administration red tape/ politics etc. to ever come together and be truly successful unlike the current Alabama program.

the poster went on to say, Alabama was somewhat fragmented after Coach Bryant step down. UA had too many " chefs in the kitchen" so to speak. BUT now Alabama is completely united under Saban to be able to succeed at the highest level because the University of Alabama was willing to let Saban have complete control.

that poster was very accurate with his assessment. suffice to say, the barners agreed with him.

Last edited:

knowledge

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 6, 2007
Madison

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

crimson,

don't get me wrong, I'm on cloud 9 and relishing every waking moment with this NC but I still love seeing the meltdown and defeatist mentality of that school down the road!!

SNASS!!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

between all of the posts about the barn and also about how "good" clemson/watson/dabo are, im beginning to wonder if i imagined that we won the game tuesday nite ;)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

It is interesting the internal divide between Alabama fans. I don't care about Auburn. At all. All their success is a pale reflection of Alabama. If they didn't have us as a foil, they'd be Mississippi State. Frankly, I think this stuff elevates Auburn.
whoa now, don't go insulting mississippi state there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.