Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Not really. When Bo dislocated his hip, he damaged many of the vessels that supply blood flow to the hip joint itself. It is a condition called avascular necrosis. Literally the bone in his hip and femoral head began to died due to lack of blood flow.

The trochanter on the hip (actually there are two, greater and lesser trochanters) serve as areas where the large muscles attach to the hip. It sound like Lawson may have broken off part of the outer bone on the hip. If it is a non displaced fracture, it is possible he could be back in 6-8 weeks. I just depends on how severe it is.
That was great. Thank you.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Most of you appear to be writing the school down on the plains off--for the season. I would caution against that. They still have loads of talent. I 'll give LSU the edge but I agree with Graytide, the barn will come ready to play and show that the JSU game was a fluke.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Most of you appear to be writing the school down on the plains off--for the season. I 'll give LSU the edge but I agree with Graytide, the barn will come ready to play and show that the JSU game was a fluke.
Well, I am just going by the first couple of games. If Auburn plays this game like Louisville and Jax State then they are toast. Of course if they turn it around and play like Ohio State then they will win.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

His first year as starter at OU they ran some sort of pro set on offense until he got injured and lost for the season, '85. They then went back to the 'bone with him out.
That's why I asked - I didn't watch OU play that year until the Orange Bowl against Penn State. Didn't even know about the injury mess until Jimmy Johnson ran up the score on Notre Dame and there was a big hub-bub over OU being ranked ahead of Miami despite the head-to-head loss later in the year.

I knew Aikman went to UCLA, but I don't know what happened from that point on.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I think he sells cars..............or maybe it is chicken wings............maybe both; can't remember.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

And Gus just named RS freshman Sean White the starter.

More from Gus's press conference:

Gus: Carl Lawson is going to be out for an extended period of time. "Hopeful we'll get him back before the season is out."

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Gus: Carl Lawson is going to be out for an extended period of time. "Hopeful we'll get him back before the season is out."

translation on Lawson: he is likely done for the season. expect him to enter the 2016 NFL draft.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

The Flying Tomato rises

Does this mean the flight reservations to NY are canceled?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

My only solace for our troubles is knowing Auburn has it far worse. At least we have a solid run D and can hope our freshmen DB's and WR's can get better. Coker is not great but I think if given the starting reps he should can be good enough to win.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

The Flying Tomato rises

Does this mean the flight reservations to NY are canceled?
Naw. Joey Galloway will send a plane for Johnson. After all, he had Auburn in his preseason CFB playoff final four. Joey is rarely wrong so I'm sure he still expect JJ to be a finalist.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Moozahn is showing panic, and deflecting criticism from both himself and his 2 million dollar DC

There are severe issues internally for auburn, and a QB change is putting a bandaid on an arrow wound - it may help for a bit, but will bleed you out over time

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

With the recent rumors I've heard, which I won't post here because it's all speculation at this point... Things are a mess down there.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

They brought it upon themselves. I do feel sorry for the Johnson kid.. the media overhyped him and Gus didn't tone it down. Tempered expectations would have gone a long way towards helping him, and I believe he melted down under the intense pressure. I've talked a lot about offenses and defenses complimenting one another, and under Malzahn that simply does not happen. I know Muschamp was desperate for work but Auburn wasn't the best option, IMO, because Malzahn doesn't value defense. He's only genuinely concerned with the offense.

Still, I have no idea what the capabilities are of this backup QB, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he comes in and tears it up - IF he is the prototypical Malzahn QB that can run the read-option.

All that said, I'll never begrudge Auburn to self-implode.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

On Finebaum yesterday Jack Crowe essentially said that the Miss State game is a must-win for team morale. From his tone of voice it sounded to me like the morale must be pretty darn low. He also said that nobody can keep a secret at Auburn. I found that amusing.

*Side note: Jack Crowe's 1992 Arkansas team lost to The Citadel. I mention that because it is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.