Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old - Page 8
Page 8 of 358 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast

Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Edit again: sounds like Carl Lawson may not play. He makes the entire defensive line better. Give me LSU by 7
    I know his status was in doubt, but I haven't seen anything definite. They can't afford to not have him tomorrow.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I know his status was in doubt, but I haven't seen anything definite. They can't afford to not have him tomorrow.
    About an hour ago CapstoneKid tweeted he's done til November with a fracture in the trachanter bone of the hip.

Someone asked him to verify and he said a reliable Barner friend had told him. TIFWIW.

Auburn friend just told me Lawson was not seen boarding the team buses. Not good news at all for Auburn.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

LSU is not the kind of team to play when you are all banged up like au. Could get ugly if they don't slow LSU's run game.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    About an hour ago CapstoneKid tweeted he's done til November with a fracture in the trachanter bone of the hip.

Someone asked him to verify and he said a reliable Barner friend had told him. TIFWIW.
    According to my brother who does x-ray/CT/MRI, that is the area that the muscles attach to.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I still take auburn maybe not by 10-14 points though without Lawson.
    Man, you've got the yips when it comes to AU 😊. You would have probably taken AU straight up vs NE even in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    According to my brother who does x-ray/CT/MRI, that is the area that the muscles attach to.
    Is that same, similar or close to what happened to Bo Jackson?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

If AU doesn't significantly improve over how they've played in the first 2 games, LSU is going win this one, and it may not even be close.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    Is that same, similar or close to what happened to Bo Jackson?
    Not really. When Bo dislocated his hip, he damaged many of the vessels that supply blood flow to the hip joint itself. It is a condition called avascular necrosis. Literally the bone in his hip and femoral head began to died due to lack of blood flow.

The trochanter on the hip (actually there are two, greater and lesser trochanters) serve as areas where the large muscles attach to the hip. It sound like Lawson may have broken off part of the outer bone on the hip. If it is a non displaced fracture, it is possible he could be back in 6-8 weeks. I just depends on how severe it is.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Not really. When Bo dislocated his hip, he damaged many of the vessels that supply blood flow to the hip joint itself. It is a condition called avascular necrosis. Literally the bone in his hip and femoral head began to died due to lack of blood flow.

The trochanter on the hip (actually there are two, greater and lesser trochanters) serve as areas where the large muscles attach to the hip. It sound like Lawson may have broken off part of the outer bone on the hip. If it is a non displaced fracture, it is possible he could be back in 6-8 weeks. I just depends on how severe it is.
    That was great. Thank you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Most of you appear to be writing the school down on the plains off--for the season. I would caution against that. They still have loads of talent. I 'll give LSU the edge but I agree with Graytide, the barn will come ready to play and show that the JSU game was a fluke.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; September 18th, 2015 at 09:01 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Most of you appear to be writing the school down on the plains off--for the season. I 'll give LSU the edge but I agree with Graytide, the barn will come ready to play and show that the JSU game was a fluke.
    Well, I am just going by the first couple of games. If Auburn plays this game like Louisville and Jax State then they are toast. Of course if they turn it around and play like Ohio State then they will win.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1FitToBeTide View Post
    His first year as starter at OU they ran some sort of pro set on offense until he got injured and lost for the season, '85. They then went back to the 'bone with him out.
    That's why I asked - I didn't watch OU play that year until the Orange Bowl against Penn State. Didn't even know about the injury mess until Jimmy Johnson ran up the score on Notre Dame and there was a big hub-bub over OU being ranked ahead of Miami despite the head-to-head loss later in the year.

I knew Aikman went to UCLA, but I don't know what happened from that point on.
    The first rule of Tidefans interactions - Selma does not use Google; Google uses Selma