Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

It's Jeremy Johnson all over again. Aubs had given JJ the Heisman during the hype and we saw how that worked out. I'll believe it when I see it but, I have my doubts about Stidham.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

I believe his performance will show the "tail" of two different conferences "D"...
It's Jeremy Johnson all over again. Aubs had given JJ the Heisman during the hype and we saw how that worked out. I'll believe it when I see it but, I have my doubts about Stidham.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Just knowing how lightning strikes with the Barn, so all I'm going to say is I won't be surprised if Stedham actually does thrive in their offense. Personally, i would just like to see them lose EVERY game period but this is starting to smell a lil bit like the possibility of them having a winning season if their defense plays better than last year.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Just knowing how lightning strikes with the Barn, so all I'm going to say is I won't be surprised if Stedham actually does thrive in their offense. Personally, i would just like to see them lose EVERY game period but this is starting to smell a lil bit like the possibility of them having a winning season if their defense plays better than last year.
This time we will have the "wet" cleats with us as well (even after a three-month drought)... :cool2:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

I think he is talented and at least doesn't come with a list of prior criminal convictions. My Aubie relatives have already named him first team All-American, but even they are openly concerned about his durability. With Jess ranking their OL in the middle of the conference pack, I'm not sure that's a good recipe for success. And then there's the Gustav factor....

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

LOL

Word yesterday was that wonder boy threw a few picks including one that was housed. Was reported in certain outlets, and they even named the offending defender

NOW 24 hours later, local talk radio is citing various aub website guys saying hold up, that was wrong, it was actually SEAN WHITE who threw them...

Lol

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

LOL

Word yesterday was that wonder boy threw a few picks including one that was housed. Was reported in certain outlets, and they even named the offending defender

NOW 24 hours later, local talk radio is citing various aub website guys saying hold up, that was wrong, it was actually SEAN WHITE who threw them...

Lol
Fake news? lol

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

LOL

Lol
Read an article on al.com yesterday and was amazed at the defenders telling the reporters about sacks and turnovers. Can anyone imagine Saban letting Ronnie Harrison talk to the media after a scrimmage and give all the stats? "Yeah... I got a pick. Hootie got a pick-six, and Payne got a couple of sacks."

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

LOL

Lol
Where's Uncle Rico when you need him?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

So we are supposed to believe the aub players cannot tell which qb is which?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Barners are claiming it was White who threw the two picks. How is it that there is confusion about this. It's not like White and Stidham are identical twins. :rolleyes:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

So their defense is so good that not even Stidham can penetrate them?

We might as well quit now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

So their defense is so good that not even Stidham can penetrate them?

We might as well quit now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been saying that all along. Pretty much don`t even need to show up if what I`m hearing from barn fans is true. One thing for sure IMHO : Gus better win BIG. With this much hype, REAL BIG. I`m pretty sure 9-3 won`t cut it, especially if one of the 3 is us. What say you Dub?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Been saying that all along. Pretty much don`t even need to show up if what I`m hearing from barn fans is true. One thing for sure IMHO : Gus better win BIG. With this much hype, REAL BIG. I`m pretty sure 9-3 won`t cut it, especially if one of the 3 is us. What say you Dub?
The problem with the hype down there is they do it to themselves. Last year when jacobs gave gus his contract extension he called him an "offensive genius." When they hired muschamp gus said he was "the best defensive mind in the game." Jeremy Johnson was cam 2.0 but was an even "better passer" than cam. They sign a transfer QB with 4 starts and introduce him during halftime of a basketball game. You're correct gus better pray that this team plays lights out or it's the end for him and jacobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.