Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Both are in a "put up or shut up situation," but I think Malzahn is better equipped to pull it off.

Not to mention the sword of Damocles hanging over Freeze's head.
I learn something new everyday here on tidefans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Both are in a "put up or shut up situation," but I think Malzahn is better equipped to pull it off.

More like The Sword of Saban

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

I think I agree with you. If Freeze gets drubbed again by Mullen AND they get major sanctions, winning the party won't be enough for him.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

And to think how we squandered our home game against them.

(If we don't get the 4th seed, in the SEC tournament, this will be the reason. Not a possible tie, in the standings, with the Pig People.)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

The top four seeds get a double bye... :cool2:
But we need the extra potential wins to bolster our record. A double bye really doesn't help us in the committee's eyes. Which is his point and I agree with him. We need to win out (at best only drop one) and have at least two wins in the SEC tourney to be considered for the field.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

And another double digit loss, this one at home, for pearl

au has lost 8 of its 10 SEC games by double digits, 6 of those 8 by 15 or more

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

In one year less, and with really only one recruiting class, CAJ has Bama in better shape and more competitive in every game than Mr. Show-Cause

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

In one year less, and with really only one recruiting class, CAJ has Bama in better shape and more competitive in every game than Mr. Show-Cause
Would have been nice if he beat Awbarn though; at least at home

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

First winning season in since 08-09. This is Bruce's first year of having his own players and he is fielding a team that is even younger than last year's team, which only won 11 games. Obviously, I would love to win now, but we are headed in the right direction, so I can wait. Can't be hard considering I've waited about 13 years to have a good season already. Haven't made the tourney since I was in school. We have a talented team, but you start four freshman you are going take lumps. I think we firmly make the tourney next year and if some players stick around will be making some quality runs in the next 2-3.

Pearl inherited a program that was lifeless by the time Barbee left. Year 1 we had what could pass for a D2 roster, and he couldn't recruit. Year 2 Pearl had only 1 Tony Barbee player remaining and was forced to rely heavily on JUCO and grad transfers. You don't often see a rebuilding job more difficult than that. The talent has started flowing in but we're still working on depth. Give it time.

Part of me still can't believe anyone is actually trolling Auburn basketball. Good times indeed.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Would have been nice if he beat Awbarn though; at least at home
Two rather strange games imo

The first game au "unleashed" Wiley, his first big game and really I think still clearly his best of the year
Game II au was just hot, Bama lethargic, and we just did not have teh ability to score enough to win.

Plus, like football, this is the one game above all else they want, so we probably faced as focused and dialed in an auburn team as they have trotted out there this entire year

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

AUDub wrote: ".....Pearl inherited a program that was lifeless by the time Barbee left. Year 1 we had what could pass for a D2 roster, and he couldn't recruit......"

Why couldn't Pearl recruit during year 1?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

AUDub wrote: ".....Pearl inherited a program that was lifeless by the time Barbee left. Year 1 we had what could pass for a D2 roster, and he couldn't recruit......"

Why couldn't Pearl recruit during year 1?
He was still serving out his show cause. Couldn't recruit until fall 2014

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Maybe this is a basketball post but truthfully all I care about in basketball is RPI and the two tournaments. If we made the finals of the SEC tourney and a relatively deep tourney run each year, I could care less about beating auburn.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

Maybe this is a basketball post but truthfully all I care about in basketball is RPI and the two tournaments. If we made the finals of the SEC tourney and a relatively deep tourney run each year, I could care less about beating auburn.

I always care about beating auburn, ALWAYS; at ANYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.