Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

I hear there is a listing for an OC at Awbarn on Farmers Only site??

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

I wouldn't use the word desperate to describe auburn, it's kind of redundant.
more like are they stupid enough to hire Briles??
I use the word desperate because I think Auburn administrators had no intention of hiring briles.

However, I now Wonder, with b and c list candidates turning them down if Auburn will reconsider and say what the heck let's bring art in

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

How many times is Gus going to get turned down. Gus is such an offensive genius I guess he just needs to be the HC and OC. Would save the Barn about $500k this coming year and they are going to need all the cash they can get with Gus' buyout.

Honk if you've been offered the barn OC job... :biggrin:

Even funnier is that this same thing happened a year ago when they were shopping for a DC.

It is obvious that the coaching fraternity does not respect the barn's program!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

The jay and gus plan enters phase two now:

Phase 1: Season is going to crap early. gus turns over play calling duties to lashley. Can either look like a great move or get rid of lashley. We all know what happened.
Phase 2: Hire new OC. gus and jay will either look like gurus or point blame at the coach. You'll probably hear:"We need to get back to playing our kind of football on offense."

I thank the Lord each day that jay jacobs is their AD and gus is their head coach.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

If Auburn hires Art Briles they'll absolutely get killed by the national and local media. I don't think their fans really care. I saw a thread where they were comparing what Coach Saban did for Lane Kiffen, Gus could do for Briles. It's a different planet down there in west Georgia!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

We keep saying Gus "HAS TO WIN __ THIS NUMBER and beat Bama or get fired. He does not win that many or get fired. Gus has more lives than a cat.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

They are seriously comparing Sark to Briles? Sark was drunk in public, Briles covered up rape. Apparently in some of their eyes that is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.