Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Well, given his aeronautic aptitude at coming in for a landing, he's now come to the right place for titling his Barnstorming memoir "Sod Is My Co-Pilot"...

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL

The barn board said:

• ps4au
• Rating: 3.5/5 this site
• 1210 posts this site
• Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 11:37 AM
Nicky throws players under the bus and backs it over them (2 votes)
"We didn't block them," Saban said. "We didn't execute very well. We didn't throw the ball accurately when we had open people and a couple of times we dropped it. I think it was more a lack of execution than it was something schematically that we were doing. ...

What Saban said:

"We didn't block them," Saban said. "We didn't execute very well. We didn't throw the ball accurately when we had open people and a couple of times we dropped it. I think it was more a lack of execution than it was something schematically that we were doing. And that's on us as coaches. That's not to blame anybody but us for not having the players well-prepared. The defense also needs to get themselves off the field on third downs so they don't play as many plays. It's a combination of things.
"But I do think we could have executed a lot better in that particular game," Saban continued. "And I think most players would probably tell you that on both sides of the ball -- not to take anything away from Clemson. But it is what it is.

Last edited:

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

Typical barner. I used to go over there and read their delusion but stopped a few months ago. They are good for a laugh a lot though

The barn board said:

• ps4au
• Rating: 3.5/5 this site
• 1210 posts this site
• Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 11:37 AM
Nicky throws players under the bus and backs it over them (2 votes)
"We didn't block them," Saban said. "We didn't execute very well. We didn't throw the ball accurately when we had open people and a couple of times we dropped it. I think it was more a lack of execution than it was something schematically that we were doing. ...

What Saban said:

"We didn't block them," Saban said. "We didn't execute very well. We didn't throw the ball accurately when we had open people and a couple of times we dropped it. I think it was more a lack of execution than it was something schematically that we were doing. And that's on us as coaches. That's not to blame anybody but us for not having the players well-prepared. The defense also needs to get themselves off the field on third downs so they don't play as many plays. It's a combination of things.
"But I do think we could have executed a lot better in that particular game," Saban continued. "And I think most players would probably tell you that on both sides of the ball -- not to take anything away from Clemson. But it is what it is.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Typical barner. I used to go over there and read their delusion but stopped a few months ago. They are good for a laugh a lot though
Au contraire, the Barner meant it in a most complimentary way that 'Bama at least has a bus instead of throwing 'em under an old Farmall and harrow

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Just an update on our friends at the East Alabama male College

Play some discussion on Auburn boards that basketball player mustapha Heron, a five star maybe contemplating transfer

And then there is the softball pitching coach resigning with lots of nasty rumors swirling around about that

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Just an update on our friends at the East Alabama male College

Play some discussion on Auburn boards that basketball player mustapha Heron, a five star maybe contemplating transfer

And then there is the softball pitching coach resigning with lots of nasty rumors swirling around about that
Has to be a rumor. Nobody ever transfers from the Fambley. They stick together, you know ..... Fambley.

They is real big on FAMBLEY down thar. Papa Dye lacks to keep them thar cousions at home.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

The issue with the assistant softball coach hit the Barn message boards last year and "magically" got quashed.

That is the big thing some of my Barn buddies are concerned about. How long has this situation been going on and who has had knowledge about it?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Stidham completes a bomb on his second attempt. Can't read too much into it, seeing as he's going against the twos, but it was on the money.
Clearly means Auburn has no quality depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Stidham looks like the real deal. Throws a tight spiral, hits some very tight windows with his throws and just mobile enough to be dangerous. His one incomplete pass was a good throw. Kerryon having a good game so far too.

With a few years of seasoning, Willis could grow into a very good QB. Very mobile and a good arm. Completed a very nice third and long pass on the first series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.