Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Some aubs saying lincoln riley has been offered the oc job

He would be an absolute fool to take that to even consider it

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I wonder if there's hesitancy by candidates fearing that all Gus wants them to do is run his offense and doesn't want them to have any input of their own? Cuz you know Gus is proud of his offense.
Based on what I've read, seems like Gus wanted someone to come in and improve his offense, but not necessary changing the offense as a whole. I think that's the negative part that is keeping coaches from taking the job on the staff. I think Gus had trouble filling spots in the recent years... If he doesn't make a good hire, then he's definitely gone after this year. You shouldn't be struggling to find the right OC just like that. If you want someone to improve offense, why not promote within the staff ?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

That would be a downward move on a resume. No way LR leaves a blue blood program like OU and goes to Auburn.
Riley would be better off staying one more year because he will be contacted for HC Gigs next year. Going to Auburn and not do well will hurt him. He has to be smart about that. He could be using Auburn as a leverage to get more money.

dchiflounder

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 8, 2015
Montgomery, AL

The Oklahoma St OC removed his name from consideration today.......at this point I think they may just have to promote from within.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Travis Haney of 247 reporting Texas A&M OC Noel Mazzone appears to be the guy. Hire is expected to be made by the end of the week.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Travis Haney of 247 reporting Texas A&M OC Noel Mazzone appears to be the guy. Hire is expected to be made by the end of the week.
One of the bbq boys...?

LOL:biggrin:

Bring it on!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

So Mazzone is jumping from one sinking ship to another. I guess that shows how bright he is.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Looks like he's staying at A&M
How many times is Gus going to get turned down. Gus is such an offensive genius I guess he just needs to be the HC and OC. Would save the Barn about $500k this coming year and they are going to need all the cash they can get with Gus' buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.