Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Stidham's career stats, which constitute a handful of games at best, are against Big 12 defenses. As we all know, not exactly a league known for their defensive prowess. I don't see where he has done anything to warrant the accolades some a bestowing upon him at this juncture.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Stidham's career stats, which constitute a handful of games at best, are against Big 12 defenses. As we all know, not exactly a league known for their defensive prowess. I don't see where he has done anything to warrant the accolades some a bestowing upon him at this juncture.
Look beyond those stats. Watched any of those highlights? Dude has a great arm and is extremely accurate. Just mobile enough to keep defenses honest.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Look beyond those stats. Watched any of those highlights? Dude has a great arm and is extremely accurate. Just mobile enough to keep defenses honest.
So you have said, and keep saying, but he hasn't done squat yet at the collegiate level. I get why you keep pumping him up and keep on believing in his ability, because, if he doesn't pan out - AU has nothing else in the qb position to fall back on and all hope for the season is done.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

I don't see it, he might be a legit QB but Alabama has a pretty good one themselves. The question is Auburn going to be better elsewhere? They haven't been...
Exactly right, they ought to be worried about our QB. All the talk about Auburn winning the West assumes Alabama, LSU and Georgia do not have a really good QB. I think Bama and Georgia will have.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

So you have said, and keep saying, but he hasn't done squat yet at the collegiate level. I get why you keep pumping him up and keep on believing in his ability, because, if he doesn't pan out - AU has nothing else in the qb position to fall back on and all hope for the season is done.
He passed for 1200 yards and 12 TDs with only 2 picks in limited action and looked pretty damn good doing it. That's hardly "hasn't done squat." I understand that was against Big 12 defenses, but watch the highlights. There's more to it than just what his stats were. Even if the receivers are open, the throws are on the money, he can fit it into tight windows routinely, and touch on his deep ball is something we have missed. If nothing else, the stat line shows he can at least produce at the division 1 level. And he wasn't rated as high as he was by the recruiting services by accident. We were lucky to land him.

As as far as if he doesn't pan out or gets hurt, we still have Sean. I don't expect him to beat Bama by any means, but he's not a terrible option to fall back on provided he's healthy, and we rolled through our schedule after he hit his stride.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

IIRC, CNS really wanted Stidham a couple of years ago. He is a major improvement over any Auburn QB since Newton. As Audub said it will depend on his supporting cast.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Stidham is a different QB than Auburn has had since Cam. He can make the throws. He can hit the deep throws, which will keep the secondary out of the box. That's what Auburn's offense needed last year to help the running game.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Even some aubs are skeptical about what's going on with the Malzahn charitable Foundation. Some seem to think this Foundation was hastily assembled to merely help with taxes.

And it certainly is odd that they admit they created this Foundation first, then plan to determine the purpose and direction.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/4...itable-organization-launched-in-2016-52788570

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He passed for 1200 yards and 12 TDs with only 2 picks in limited action and looked pretty damn good doing it. That's hardly "hasn't done squat." I understand that was against Big 12 defenses, but watch the highlights. There's more to it than just what his stats were. Even if the receivers are open, the throws are on the money, he can fit it into tight windows routinely, and touch on his deep ball is something we have missed. If nothing else, the stat line shows he can at least produce at the division 1 level. And he wasn't rated as high as he was by the recruiting services by accident. We were lucky to land him.

As as far as if he doesn't pan out or gets hurt, we still have Sean. I don't expect him to beat Bama by any means, but he's not a terrible option to fall back on provided he's healthy, and we rolled through our schedule after he hit his stride.
Does he have any wheels? :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.