How to recruit on NCAA football 2005

proudtobe4UA

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 2, 2002
Dothan, AL
I completed my first season and got to the recruiting and boy was I surprised. That is big cry from the way 2004 was. I am looking for some advice from those who have been doing this for a while. The point system is something I am not quite sure about and there really isn't any explanation on how to do it. What is the best way to set your budget? Should you do the scouting or just rely on what it says? What is the right amount of points to use on a recruit? Oh by the way, 1st season, 1st NC. Brodie was somewhat effective with TD/INT ration of 30/4 with the last 4 coming in the SEC championship game and National Championship game. Ray won the heisman and 4 of the front 5 on offensive were 1st Team all-american. Castille has to be the best fullback ever on this game. He has got about the same speed as Ray and would punish the tackler. The only thing I don't like the last 4 coming in the SEC championship game and National Championship game. Ray won the heisman and 4 of the front 5 on offensive were 1st Team all-american. Castille has to be the best fullback ever on this game. He has got about the same speed as Ray and would punish the tackler. The only thing I don't like is the drop passes that hit them in the wrong place, the hands. Input is welcome.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
Also, don't waste your time recruiting DEs. Just sign a couple of extra good OLBs and then change their position to DE. If you have an OLB that is an 80, move him to DE and he will shoot up 8 to 10 points in many cases.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
utilize the scout function as much as you can afford. That is the reason I usually have a high % for recruiting- usually 40% or a little more. That scout function will make a 4.3 guy actually be a 4.5 guy, etc. It will tell you more about what you are actually getting.

Be sure to get the best big uglies you can get on both sides of the ball. Most 3 star lineman are inferior to 4 and 5 star lineman. You'll occasionally get lucky with a 3. The difference between them as juniors and seniors is big.

Don't forget to keep your training % fairly high. Will make a huge difference on that 3rd and 4th year.

bamafancoop

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Recruiting and passing

For recruiting, if you are doing a franchise, I suggest to have a low % in the discipline area and a pretty equal % for the other two. Usually the only discipline problems you have are early in the franchise, and if you get the NCAA on your back, I would boost up discipline for a season or two. When recruiting, I suggest to start in your area of the country. You can get 3 four star guys in the southeast for one from CA. Also, for 5 stars, I usually do not scout them, they make a big enough impact even if the numbers are off.

As for passing, the best thing i can tell you is to run plays you become comfortable with. If you can find about 5-10 passing plays you know what to look for in the defense and know all routes and who is open, it makes things easier. Also, the WR will drop it if you fire a ball in there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.