VW in trouble...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i have a jetta wagon tdi with the 2.0
looks like some dealers have found a way to earn a few bucks

scumbags

https://www.yahoo.com/news/car-dealers-screwing-volkswagen-owners-190221457.html

This past Friday I received an email from a car dealer who frequents my Facebook feed. He PM'd me a certified letter from VW stating that they were going to give him a check for over $18,000 for a car he bought for less than half that price just a couple of months ago.

“You were a little wrong about being able to take advantage of the diesel buyback...lol!”

This government mandated recall program protected a lot of Volkswagen diesel owners who are about to lose their daily drivers. But not everyone is choosing to protect VW owners—or do the right thing.

In fact, plenty of used car dealers who know the loopholes of this program are getting an even better return for what is now a no-risk, five-figure profit on individual cars.

“I don't believe you can use it for the VW recall and get money since your name would be registered after their deadline,” I wrote back.

“I'm going to beg to differ on the last part...”

Shortly after reading my email, this car dealer bought a TDI model at an auction and registered it under his own name. Then he contacted Volkswagen, submitted the paperwork that showed the vehicle was now his, and received a $10,000 profit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.