News Article: Playboy to Drop Nudity as Internet Fills Demand

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Last month, Cory Jones, a top editor at Playboy, went to see its founder Hugh Hefner at the Playboy Mansion.

In a wood-paneled dining room, with Picasso and de Kooning prints on the walls, Mr. Jones nervously presented a radical suggestion: the magazine, a leader of the revolution that helped take sex in America from furtive to ubiquitous, should stop publishing images of naked women.

Mr. Hefner, now 89, but still listed as editor in chief, agreed. As part of a redesign that will be unveiled next March, the print edition of Playboy will still feature women in provocative poses. But they will no longer be fully nude.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/business/media/nudes-are-old-news-at-playboy.html?_r=0
:eek2::eek2::eek2:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Those of us who as teenagers only looked at Playboy for the in-dept political and social commentary are unphased.....

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Those of us who as teenagers only looked at Playboy for the in-dept political and social commentary are unphased.....
LOL. You and me both VJ. The lusty masses will no longer have to hide the magazine under the mattress or un-stick the pages:eek2:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
That's exactly what I was trying to tell Mrs. Reb and her sister last week. We were going through a bunch of boxes in our storage shed and we happened upon a box containing over 30 old Playboy mags that I've had for decades. For some reason they just couldn't believe that I kept them for educational purposes. They both know I'm a very truthful person. I wouldn't lie about thing like that..

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
That's exactly what I was trying to tell Mrs. Reb and her sister last week. We were going through a bunch of boxes in our storage shed and we happened upon a box containing over 30 old Playboy mags that I've had for decades. For some reason they just couldn't believe that I kept them for educational purposes. They both know I'm a very truthful person. I wouldn't lie about thing like that..
If they are in good shape, they might be worth something.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
So now National Geographic will have more nudity than Playboy? What's the world coming to? Where will it all end?

On a more serious note, exactly how is this move going to help their circulation?

This may be a similar move to when Coke pulled the original formula off the shelves.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
So now National Geographic will have more nudity than Playboy? What's the world coming to? Where will it all end?

On a more serious note, exactly how is this move going to help their circulation?

This may be a similar move to when Coke pulled the original formula off the shelves.
Maybe they can change their name to "Play-Genderfluid Lifeform"..... that might help...

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
ive heard hipsters have deemed the '70s female grooming habits cool again
I was dating during the 70's and can say the grooming habits of women during this time were very much ok. You need to go to the women of the sixties and the freedom movement of equality to see about their grooming habits.:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.