2015 College Football Awards Thread

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Chuck Bednarik award is awarded by the Maxwell Football Club of Philadelphia. I can only imagine that several of the voters are Temple fans and thus fans of Tyler Matakavich, the guy who beat out Reggie. If Christian McCaffery played for Temple, I doubt DH would have received his awards. Even Dick Vermeil was making a big deal of Pennsylvania.

I agree - doesn't make it any less a travesty.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That kid will make it on the next level. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see him winning the heisman next year. it's a good experience for him to soak it all in. Watson too. Both are extremely talented and wonderful student-athelete. I pray that all three of them come away from this with lot of life lessons and apply to their performance on and off the field.

ESPN went too far this week and I'm severly disappointed in how they've handled this. They could've at least created equal opportunities for all three of them and kept it balanced. They didn't do that.

I agree, I would have enjoyed them focusing on each player and showing their accomplishments. All of them deserve the spotlight. Not just one...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I find it absolutely sickening that ESPN had the stooges on the set bring race in to the Heisman discussion. Folks that is pathetic on their part and it makes me very mad...so enough said on my part.
I thought they were just trying to fill time, but it was certainly in poor taste and added nothing of substance. IMO, sports is by far the most nonpredjudicial part of society. Their mistake was in the way the approached the subject.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Just now watching the show online. The love they are giving McCaffrey is about to make me puke. If I remember correctly, Matt Leinhart got this same kind of love from the media, too and we all know how THAT turned out. He may have won a Heisman, but he ain't playing football on Sunday. RTR

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Congratulations to Mr. Derrick Henry for winning:

1) the Maxwell award (Outstanding Player of the Year)
2) the Doak Walker award (National Running Back)
3) the Walter Camp award (Player of the Year)

Huge accomplishments on and off the field....Bama Nation should be very proud!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Many will probably be surprised by this, but Alabama won the inaugural Joe Moore Award for the most outstanding offensive line.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Many will probably be surprised by this, but Alabama won the inaugural Joe Moore Award for the most outstanding offensive line.

I think the impressiveness of a trophy that comes with it's own furniture is something else...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Wow.

The actual Joe Moore Award trophy, crafted by legendary sports sculptor Jerry McKenna, is the largest trophy in college football and weighs more than 350 pounds. Along with Alabama and the other Finalists, the trophy will be the subject of a CBS Sports Network special scheduled to air in early January.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.