2015 College Football Awards Thread

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
Ever

He's Alabama's first Walter Camp award winner, he's Alabama's second Doak Walker award winner, and he's Alabama's second Maxwell Award winner. He doesn't have to win the Heisman to be the most decorated Alabama player.

But, let's throw in the Maxwell Award winners to the list:
1995 Eddie George Heisman Winner
1998 Ricky Williams Heisman Winner
1999 Ron Dayne Heisman Winner

Those are the only guys to have won all three (Walker, Camp and Maxwell), and they all got that other piece of hardware to. Yes, I typed this before I saw he won the award. I feel really comfortable about the Heisman now, I don't see how the Heisman voters could get it that wrong, and be so far off the mark from the other awards. There's been plenty of years in which people couldn't make up their minds but this isn't one of them. To take a peak forward look at these results.

1Ron DayneSRRBWisconsin586121422,042
2Joe HamiltonSRQBGeorgia Tech96285136994

1Ricky WilliamsSRRBTexas71491312,355
2Michael BishopSRQBKansas State41250169792

Eddie GeorgeSRRBOhio State2682481601,460
2Tommie FrazierSRQBNebraska2181921581,196

1Mark IngramSORBAlabama2272361511,304
2Toby GerhartRS SRRBStanford2222251601,276

Unlike Ingram's win in 2009, in which he didn't win the Walker, Camp, or Maxwell and narrowly won the Heisman, Henry should win comfortably.
Nice work! Feeling much better now. (Seems like I was only one freaking out anyway lol)

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
I really, really hope I'm wrong.. But I don't think Henry will take home the Heisman. Regardless of what Vegas says. How does Mccaffrey get shut out completely?

Like I said, hope I'm wrong.. But this doesn't seem good.
Didn't you just post McCaffrey would win the Maxwell? How did that work out?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
How does Mccaffrey get shut out completely?
Because he doesn't deserve the awards? I said it before, I'll say it again, he got a lot of empty yards. Even if you just compare raw stats and forget the other reasons to vote for Henry (he did it in bigger games against better teams), Henry still comes out ahead. The reason he's been shut out is because Henry is more deserving. All there is to it, none of those awards should be consolation prizes, that's just how it works out sometimes.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I think this is better for Bama on focus as well. Everyone will be complaining on Henry winning everything and saying others should have won. Then the defense gets shut out.

Might be another game like the Capital One bowl against MSU.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Because he doesn't deserve the awards? I said it before, I'll say it again, he got a lot of empty yards. Even if you just compare raw stats and forget the other reasons to vote for Henry (he did it in bigger games against better teams), Henry still comes out ahead. The reason he's been shut out is because Henry is more deserving. All there is to it, none of those awards should be consolation prizes, that's just how it works out sometimes.
PAC-12 defenses this year were mush. In McCaffrey three games outside the conference against the likes of Northwestern, UCF, and Note Dame, he rush for average of 70 yards a game. You're correct KrAzy....Henry is simply the better player.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
If we win it all this year...please put that quote of "dead...buried and gone" and put it on a picture with us holding the trophy.

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
Yep, & I agree with everything you said. I just didn't have confidence in the voters, honestly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.