Best Verne and Gary meme EVER.

RdunawayTX

3rd Team
Sep 24, 2011
Really? I will actually delay the game and turn on Eli and go through the process of synching him up rather than listen to these two.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Verne 'misspeaks' at times but overall I like their broadcasts.
Funny thread. Here is why people hate them: There goal is to play up the underdog for ratings, we are never the underdogs.....and give the perception that it is always still a chance the other team could win.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Gary Danielson's analysis is generally very good. Verne is past his prime, but it's not like he's anti-Bama. Every other fan base in the conference is convinced that Gary and Verne are biased in our favor because they end up calling so many of our games.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
personally I think some of us are too thin skinned. vern misspeaks. ok, I get why that's annoying. but to perceive any bias from those 2 is just paranoia. Gary does analysis. guess what - he's breaking down why something did or did not work. his observations are objective, but some of you interpret as throwing darts. criticism is not always unfair nor biased. "oh, he said something bad about my team." not the case. I've heard other fan bases say the same thing about gary. analysis is not condemnation guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
About a month before this - gee, you have to be a certain age I guess......I called them Bartles and Jaymes and apparently not everyone got the joke:

No way CBS let's Bartles and James call LSU/BAMA. It will be Vern and Gary.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
As much as Verne struggled towards the end of his football broadcast days, he is still outstanding at calling the Masters. He did one of the better jobs of any of the broadcasters in this year's tournament.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
As much as Verne struggled towards the end of his football broadcast days, he is still outstanding at calling the Masters. He did one of the better jobs of any of the broadcasters in this year's tournament.
His calls will live on. It's amazing how the guy can not even know which teams are playing, but give him something like the Prayer at Jordan-Hare or Rocky Block, and he gets it right, immaculate even.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.