Remaining Recruits

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
9 years of top 5 classes for Saban and the boards getting nervous about recruiting?
Well, the last two years have been no signing day drama and the wood was in the shed going into NSD just waiting on faxes. This is either going to be a NSD watching the hats or several verbals coming over the next three weeks, so what do you think we are trending towards this year.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, the last two years have been no signing day drama and the wood was in the shed going into NSD just waiting on faxes. This is either going to be a NSD watching the hats or several verbals coming over the next three weeks, so what do you think we are trending towards this year.
To quote TiderJ in another thread:

"Most of our remaining targets will announce on NSD or close to it and we will close very, very strong."

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
What is the biggest need with 8 or so spots open?

Wide Receivers and Linebackers I assume. Any other glaring spots that you guys see.

Running Backs or Defense?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Mecole Hardman, Jr. tweeted yesterday he's taking a visit this weekend to Ohio State. Not real big on that idea.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
What is the biggest need with 8 or so spots open?

Wide Receivers and Linebackers I assume. Any other glaring spots that you guys see.

Running Backs or Defense?
I think we would take a RB if the right one wanted to come. Not necessarily a must take, as long as Emmons is ok in the classroom.

We definitely want to add 2 bodies on the DL. We need Kongbo.

At least 2 LBs, if not 3 due to who is interested. Can't turn down that kind of talent.

At least 1 WR.

1 CB and 1 S, if I had to bet.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think we would take a RB if the right one wanted to come. Not necessarily a must take, as long as Emmons is ok in the classroom.

At least 2 LBs, if not 3 due to who is interested. Can't turn down that kind of talent.

At least 1 WR.

So...let's see, my wish list:

WR : Demetris Robertson, AJ Brown, M.Jones
TE : Devin Asiasi
DL : Terrell Hall, Jamar King, Michail Carter, Derrick Brown, Jeffrey Simmons, Johnathan Kongbo
LB : Ben Davis, Lyndell Wilson, D Jackson
DB : Shyheim Carter, Mecole Hardman Jr., Nigel Knott, Nigel Warrior
OL : Jauan Williams

Others in the mix according to BOL:

OT Tramonda Moore
ATH Jack Jones
WR Tyler Vaughns
LB Erroll Thompson
LB Jeff McColloch

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

At least 1 WR.

Visits wise, it would appear that we have shots at kids in all these positions. My ranking as to needs (IMO)
1. DL (Due to attrition plus we`ve seen what 3-4 quality down DL guys can mean)
2. OT (Do you ever have enough quality OL?)
3. LB
4.DB (S and/or C)
5. Ath/WR

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

At least 1 WR.

Yea I think the 2 JUCO DL (King and Kongbo) are 2 that are needed immediately as when the DL announcing they are leaving early along with Lake, Pettway and Reed, Bama is going to need some immediate depth at DL.

With Tomlinson, Hand, Payne, Frasier, and if Williams and Anderson stay, that is a good nucleus, but need to add to that depth.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yea I think the 2 JUCO DL (King and Kongbo) are 2 that are needed immediately as when the DL announcing they are leaving early along with Lake, Pettway and Reed, Bama is going to need some immediate depth at DL.

With Tomlinson, Hand, Payne, Frasier, and if Williams and Anderson stay, that is a good nucleus, but need to add to that depth.
Williams announced today he was staying. That's big.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

He's more the size of the Clemson ends. Long and leaner.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Who is King? :conf2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.