Is Sumlin in trouble?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
With the situation in his program, growing unease with big boosters, and the fact that the old Chipper is now on the market again, well is it possible A & M would make a move?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
From what I hear out of the media in Philly is Chip has no interest in going back to college ball. He told one reporter he would have a pro HC job within a week. I don't understand the rush to work. The eagles have to pay him 6.5M/year for the next two years.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
If I was the TAMU AD I would open the warchest and make Kelly say no. He can recruit and develop QBs.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If the A&M leadership had any sense at all they wouldn't be in this situation - they hired a hot coach who had literally never won anything (and still hasn't) and threw the bank at him.

IOW, what makes you think A&M will start making intelligent decisions now?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
If the A&M leadership had any sense at all they wouldn't be in this situation - they hired a hot coach who had literally never won anything (and still hasn't) and threw the bank at him.

Well, we just saw auburn do it with Kevin Steele, so...
In blue font

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'd say most definitely. 8 wks ago this guy was one of the hottest commodities in college football. I don't remember seeing someone's stock plummet so quickly.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
From what I hear out of the media in Philly is Chip has no interest in going back to college ball. He told one reporter he would have a pro HC job within a week. I don't understand the rush to work. The eagles have to pay him 6.5M/year for the next two years.
It sounds like Chip has a bit of an ego problem. Not so great record and he ran the roster into the ground.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

As my dear departed father sometimes said "Some folks have more money than they have good sense..."

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I've never seen anyone get as much mileage from winning ONE college football game as Sumlin did by beating Bama in 2012. Aside from that, what has he really done? Most overrated coach I've seen in a looooooong time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've never seen anyone get as much mileage from winning ONE college football game as Sumlin did by beating Bama in 2012. Aside from that, what has he really done? Most overrated coach I've seen in a looooooong time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad to see national media members are admitting that game is what made TAMU and Sumlin popular for awhile. Some have even said Sumlin has ridden that win to his current state since he hasn't done anything else.

Amazing what that offense looks like without Manziel at QB, Evans at WR, and multiple first round draft picks on the OL. Notice anything about those players? Sumlin inherited them from Mike Sherman.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
From what I hear out of the media in Philly is Chip has no interest in going back to college ball. He told one reporter he would have a pro HC job within a week.
Well, he did such a spectacular job when he was in charge.......

I don't understand the rush to work. The eagles have to pay him 6.5M/year for the next two years.
Auburn says, "Hi."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Are you referring to Jackie Sherrill, RC Slocum, Dennis Franchione, Mike Sherman, or Kevin Sumlin?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.