2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

I just don't get why this is a big deal when Bill Clinton did the same and worse. And his wife went after the women he assaulted. That's assaulted as in it actually happened. Where Trump's comments are about what rich and powerful people can get away with. Although it's clear he's gotten away with plenty.

Yeah Trump is a disgusting pig. So is the other side. I'm supposed to be outraged by this? Give me a break.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I just don't get why this is a big deal when Bill Clinton did the same and worse. And his wife went after the women he assaulted. That's assaulted as in it actually happened. Where Trump's comments are about what rich and powerful people can get away with. Although it's clear he's gotten away with plenty.

Yeah Trump is a disgusting pig. So is the other side. I'm supposed to be outraged by this? Give me a break.
Frankly, your attitude here is exactly why we've finally devolved to the point that our choices are Hillary and Trump...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Frankly, your attitude here is exactly why we've finally devolved to the point that our choices are Hillary and Trump...
You could not be further from reality.

I haven't supported this disgusting moron for a second, not even in the face of having Hillary Clinton win. My point is not excusing his filth. My point is that we watched this play out in real time in the 90s and none of these people feigning outrage today cared back then.

We KNEW this about the man. So what we needed to hear it on a tape to shake us into coherence? Just like people knew what Ray Rice did to his wife but it didn't seem to register until they saw the video.

Don't patronize me about the devolution of this country.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

You could not be further from reality.

I haven't supported this disgusting moron for a second, not even in the face of having Hillary Clinton win. My point is not excusing his filth. My point is that we watched this play out in real time in the 90s and none of these people feigning outrage today cared back then.

We KNEW this about the man. So what we needed to hear it on a tape to shake us into coherence? Just like people knew what Ray Rice did to his wife but it didn't seem to register until they saw the video.

Don't patronize me about the devolution of this country.
Fair enough, I misread your comment.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

As a Christian and a constitutional conservative I'm just disgusted that one of these two will be president.

She and her party advocate for things that go wholly against my faith, and he has bankrupted not only his businesses but his morality too.

Wouldn't you love to hear a round table with Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, and Franklin in this race?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL

After the way some Christians have utilized pretzel logic to support Trump, I'll not be surprised if many still support him after even more vile comments from him were released today.

That said, if you're a Christian and still think Trump is the right person to lead our country, I'm speechless...
The conundrum posed to all Christians is whether to vote for this disgusting, potentially dangerous, wholly unqualified man who seems to lack both a filter and a moral compass - or to vote for a candidate who has pledged to uphold Roe vs. Wade and has very likely committed perjury.

For me, as truly awful as Trump is, a vote for Hillary is rubber-stamping the murder of an untold number of babies. I don't believe Trump is the right person to lead our country, but he does support states' rights when it comes to the abortion issue.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The conundrum posed to all Christians is whether to vote for this disgusting, potentially dangerous, wholly unqualified man who seems to lack both a filter and a moral compass - or to vote for a candidate who has pledged to uphold Roe vs. Wade and has very likely committed perjury.

For me, as truly awful as Trump is, a vote for Hillary is rubber-stamping the murder of an untold number of babies. I don't believe Trump is the right person to lead our country, but he does support states' rights when it comes to the abortion issue.
This all assumes Trump's actually 'evolved' on his views of abortion or simply adopted a pro-life view as it's pragmatic.

Do you really trust that he's telling you the truth? I don't.

I trust neither Trump or Hillary, and neither of them will get my vote. In fact, at this point I'm unlikely to vote at all - as a Christian, I can't imagine actually looking Jesus in the eye and trying to explain why I chose to vote for someone like any of these candidates...

I'm just amazed that any Christian could pull the lever for Trump - whether he's anti-abortion or not, he's the epitome of a disgusting human, the opposite of what we are called to be as Christians. I don't want a theocracy, but I refuse to vote for evil.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Sessions, Pribus and Christie hanging on rest of the Rats are abandoning ship http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299942-ryan-cuts-trump-from-wisconsin-event

House Speaker Paul Ryan rebuked Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump for his past sexually explicit comments and said the GOP nominee will no longer attend a joint appearance the two had planned Saturday in Wisconsin.

“I am sickened by what I heard today,” Ryan said in a statement released Friday night. “Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified. I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests. In the meantime, he is no longer attending tomorrow’s event in Wisconsin.”

Republicans had planned a day of unity in a key battleground state ahead of Sunday night’s pivotal debate.

Ryan, who has long had an uneasy relationship with Trump, was scheduled to make his first joint appearance with the nomine at the annual Wisconsin Fall Fest in Elkhorn.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), who is perhaps the most vulnerable Republican up for reelection, Gov. Scott Walker, and Brad Courtney, the state GOP chairman, were also slated to be on hand.

Both Johnson and Walker also criticized Trump's remarks.

“Donald Trump’s recent comments are completely indefensible and I refuse to even attempt to try and do so,” Johnson said in a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.