Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
My feeling toward Dabo? Appreciate what he did at Bama as a player. However, I do NOT want him in Tuscaloosa in any capacity.

RTR!

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
My feeling toward Dabo? Appreciate what he did at Bama as a player. However, I do NOT want him in Tuscaloosa in any capacity.

RTR!
God is not picking football games Dumbo. A lot of what Dumbo says and what is reported is an exaggeration. I just personally know that if Bama hired Dumbo, I would seriously think about turning in my alumni card. He's fake and a hypocrit. I doubt he has changed. And seeing how his players act..... I don't think he has changed much at all.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Neither am I Earl. People talk about how genuine he is- but I just do not buy it. Many Bama fans give him a pass because he is a "Bama guy". They would look at him as we look at Hugh Freeze if he was not from here.
This. He's pretty much Hugh Freeze but went to Alabama, so some fans like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Glad to see some other people view him much in the way that I do. His personna is not real in my opinion.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'll start this by saying I am a Christian and I'm proud to be. To me coaches like Freeze and Dabo don't do Christianity a favor by bringing it in to sports. If you want to wear your religion on your sleeve, you come across as preachy and insincere in my opinion. I know that coach Saban is a Catholic but he doesn't beat me over the head with it.
I'm a believer that your actions in everyday life mean more than spouting Bible verses about a "pick" play on the goal line!

Cowtown Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2007
I know if the job were to come open he would have to seriously consider it. He would be in the mix. He may be better off not to take it. It is hard to be the man that follows the man. The amount of pressure on him would be brutal. Now that he has a title at Clemson he is the big man there as long as he wants to be. They are making a big commitment to football there. He can field a competitive team for the next 15 years and they will love him. He just has to get in the mix every so often like Stoops at OU.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
He would be a measure better than all but one of the coaches we had between CPB and CNS. Every person grows and learns as they live. We'll see if maintains the program and if he has to follow in the footsteps of Danny Ford to do it before CNS retires hopefully. Maybe he gets a call. I will worry about that when CNS hangs it up.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
No. I do not want him at Alabama.

The Dabo coaching style will have extreme peaks and valleys. He's too emotional. Too animated. Too loose with his players. The emotions and personality he displays is a trickle down effect. Eventually he'll lose some of the players and there'll be turmoil within. When this happens and he's able to gather the masses then I'll be impressed. But he won't. IF he sustains the current level of success I'll be surprised. Very surprised. And willing to eat crow.

RTR!!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
No. I do not want him at Alabama.

The Dabo coaching style will have extreme peaks and valleys. He's too emotional. Too animated. Too loose with his players. The emotions and personality he displays is a trickle down effect. Eventually he'll lose some of the players and there'll be turmoil within. When this happens and he's able to gather the masses then I'll be impressed. But he won't. IF he sustains the current level of success I'll be surprised. Very surprised. And willing to eat crow.

RTR!!!

It's like anything regarding sports and winning. As long as you're winning people will accept a lot of things (quirks, short comings etc.) Dabo's "style" will be embraced or tolerated as long as he's winning. The moment the winning stops his "style" will become an issue. It's no different for Saban. The abrasiveness and down right rudeness he has acted toward people over the years has been tolerated because of his winning. We the fans embrace it as part of the "process" and chalk it up to him just reacting to foolishness. But all of Saban's tirades and berating of people haven't been because of a "stupid question". Many were him simply being on a power trip and his natural abrasive personality traits coming out. Yeah, I said it, he's human and doesn't walk on water, heal the sick or raise the dead. I'm sure if you were to sit Mrs. Terry down she could tell you a many of flaws that Nick has that we know nothing about.

I know many on here wouldn't want Dabo as our head coach (I am one of those as well). But I have no doubt if he were to become head coach and he kept us in the title hunt every year, won a NC every five to six years. I have no doubt even those of us who don't like his style wouldn't be as objective to it. But THE MOMENT the winning stopped, those quirks and "things" would rush to the forefront and he'd be gone because of it. It's human nature folks. We're all susceptible to it. :smile: Winning covers a multitude of sins. :smile:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
It's like anything regarding sports and winning. As long as you're winning people will accept a lot of things (quirks, short comings etc.) Dabo's "style" will be embraced or tolerated as long as he's winning. The moment the winning stops his "style" will become an issue. It's no different for Saban. The abrasiveness and down right rudeness he has acted toward people over the years has been tolerated because of his winning. We the fans embrace it as part of the "process" and chalk it up to him just reacting to foolishness. But all of Saban's tirades and berating of people haven't been because of a "stupid question". Many were him simply being on a power trip and his natural abrasive personality traits coming out. Yeah, I said it, he's human and doesn't walk on water, heal the sick or raise the dead. I'm sure if you were to sit Mrs. Terry down she could tell you a many of flaws that Nick has that we know nothing about.

I know many on here wouldn't want Dabo as our head coach (I am one of those as well). But I have no doubt if he were to become head coach and he kept us in the title hunt every year, won a NC every five to six years. I have no doubt even those of us who don't like his style wouldn't be as objective to it. But THE MOMENT the winning stopped, those quirks and "things" would rush to the forefront and he'd be gone because of it. It's human nature folks. We're all susceptible to it. :smile: Winning covers a multitude of sins. :smile:

It's no different for Saban. The abrasiveness and down right rudeness he has acted toward people over the years has been tolerated because of his winning.

It's different. At least from my perspective. Consistent. Calculated. Purposeful.

being on a power trip and his natural abrasive personality traits coming out.

No denying it's a power trip. But that's a normal trait for any CEO. And make no mistake. He IS a CEO of the highest magnitude.

Mrs. Terry could tell you a many of flaws that Nick has that we know nothing about.

Yeah. No doubt she could reveal flaws. We're all flawed in some ways. And nobody really knows what goes on in another mans house. And that's a good thing.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If you run a loose program and win, you're a "player's coach". If you lose, you are letting the inmates run the asylum.

If you're tough and win, you're a disciplinarian. If you lose you are a dictator.

It all depends on the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
For some reason Dabo reminds me of Auburn. Lots of Ra Ra. Too much to suit me right now. Dabo is definitely a good coach and a good recruiter, but I have a long memory and it includes his part in a painful episode.

I may be in a better mood about him in a couple of years, but so far I don't think he is a fit for Alabama.
My question is will folks on his band wagon change their mind when he is without the best QB in college football. This could be like Auburn when they had Cam Newton... When he left things kind of started falling apart, while they searched for the next great one...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.