Attitude Shifts About Dabo? - Page 2
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamagradinATL's Avatar

Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    My problems with him go back to the role he played in the Dubose regime. I'm unconvinced he's changed, despite the Bible-thumping...
    I was on campus during that time. Even with the Senior leadership we had on the team, it still amazes me we won the SEC in 1999.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    I've always thought Bible thumping is often done to distract from other, less-Godly behavior.
    If someone's religion is genuine, you'll know it without advertisement.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

I know one thing he would give it to the aubies down there that's for sure. I loved it when they beat au at Clemson and the interview he did. His players play hard for him it looks like. Hope we don't have to look for a coach for a few more years. RTR

I'm troubled by the trash talking players at Clemson. Either Dabo plays an active role in fostering it, or he passively allows it; neither are attractive qualities that I want in a coach.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    I know one thing he would give it to the aubies down there that's for sure. I loved it when they beat au at Clemson and the interview he did. His players play hard for him it looks like. Hope we don't have to look for a coach for a few more years. RTR
    You're probably right and I'm not criticizing you when I say this, but we have to aspire to greater things than just giving it to the Aubies. Some folks are chapped about Nick Saban's 6-3 record against Auburn, insisting it ought to be at least 8-1 and hold it against him. To me, 4 NCs trumps whatever his record in the Iron Bowl is. I'd rather have Nick Saban's approach to detail which has produced NCs like Hershey's produces chocolate bars, than the Dabo Swinney approach of emotional tricks which might produce a nice Iron Bowl record, but I'm not convinced would produce the kind of hardware we've had under Nick Saban.

No, to answer the OP, my thoughts on Dabo haven't shifted. But I do admit I vastly underestimated their ability. It's personal preference though when it comes to program building. I prefer the Saban method.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

Not sure I am a big fan of that "one of the boys" style and I think he suffers from an excess of personality but after last night, I am convinced he can recruit, build, sustain and coach a football game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaWendling View Post
    What role did he play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ​Special teams, mostly. Sometimes at WR.

BamaNation All-SEC alwayshavebeen's Avatar

I thought his team was well prepared last night and played their butts off. That said, no my opinion hasn't changed and in fact worsened listening to his post game presser. He had enough excuses and blame game to last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshavebeen View Post
    I thought his team was well prepared last night and played their butts off. That said, no my opinion hasn't changed and in fact worsened listening to his post game presser. He had enough excuses and blame game to last a long time.
    Agree that that's a real turnoff...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

IMHO, DS is growing up on the big stage...he is a great guy, wonderful motivator, etc., but has to learn that you don't whine and complain...be gracious and take the high road.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation First Team

I do not think that Earl will want to provide specifics about Dabo's time at Bama under Dubose. It really seems that he was far more involved with the transgressions under the Dubose regime although that was perhaps never made public. That is my guess here. And his recruiting success at Clemson ( all the while wearing his religion on his sleeve) is pretty interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Can you provide some specifics?

BamaNation First Team

He came off as a big whiner last night with the onside kick. I do like the passion, but there's a fine line between inspiring your team and looking like an amateur who is being swallows up by the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ptw1961 View Post
    I do not think that Earl will want to provide specifics about Dabo's time at Bama under Dubose. It really seems that he was far more involved with the transgressions under the Dubose regime although that was perhaps never made public. That is my guess here. And his recruiting success at Clemson ( all the while wearing his religion on his sleeve) is pretty interesting.
    Thanks for the reply. All I really remember from the Dubose era was he seemed to invoke God a lot all while boinking an employee. I have no recollection of Dabo.

Edit - also a lack of over-site concerning Albert Means
    Last edited by Bamaro; January 12th, 2016 at 05:09 PM.