Attitude Shifts About Dabo? - Page 3
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 334
  1. #27
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    It is very interesting that Dabo thought he was going back to Bama as an assistant when Price was hired. He did get strung out and even had a call with Coach Mal Moore who told Dabo to wait to hear from Price after the annual coaches' convention. I think that was Mal's way of buying time to make sure that Price knew not to hire him because of his role under Dubose. I find it very ironic that Dabo is at Clemson when it was the Clemson AD who said we were looking down the barrel of a shotgun. After that, I have no respect for Clemson nor have I ever cared for Dabo.... He is still the same emotional crybaby he was going back to his preteen years.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #28
    BamaNation Hall of Fame KrAzY3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,895

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    My problems with him go back to the role he played in the Dubose regime. I'm unconvinced he's changed, despite the Bible-thumping...
    I tend to be firmly in the no Dabo camp...

    Having said that, I'm not sure what the best alternatives are. Kirby is a Georgia guy if he succeeds, and beyond Urban Meyer and Nick Saban, there just hasn't been another dominating coach in college football since Pete Carroll left for the NFL. Even Kiffin seems like a long short alternative down the road (if he goes somewhere as a head coach and shows maturity/success). I just don't see someone that I'd want to replace Saban with right now (not that I 'd want to replace him with anyone, but there's no one I'd be enthused about).

    So, I think Dabo needs more on his resume. I think he needs to show he can win without Watson, but... if he does? I imagine that could win over people and their well warranted hesitation when it comes to Dabo.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

  4. #29
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jennings, FL
    Posts
    461

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    I don't care for the public bible thumping and the way his players talked trash right up till the game. He either condoned that, just didn't care or thought there may be some benefit to it. I don't like that kind of behavior or a coach that allows it and I do believe he could stop it. I would not be happy with him as the Alabama coach.

  5. #30
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    59,042

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Can you provide some specifics?
    I never thought I'd see a question like that on here. I know you are smarter than that...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  6. #31
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    377

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    I tend to be firmly in the no Dabo camp...

    Having said that, I'm not sure what the best alternatives are. Kirby is a Georgia guy if he succeeds, and beyond Urban Meyer and Nick Saban, there just hasn't been another dominating coach in college football since Pete Carroll left for the NFL. Even Kiffin seems like a long short alternative down the road (if he goes somewhere as a head coach and shows maturity/success). I just don't see someone that I'd want to replace Saban with right now (not that I 'd want to replace him with anyone, but there's no one I'd be enthused about).

    So, I think Dabo needs more on his resume. I think he needs to show he can win without Watson, but... if he does? I imagine that could win over people and their well warranted hesitation when it comes to Dabo.

    Maybe you need to take a look at his overall record and rankings again and go back and look at Clemson's final rankings before Dabo. I understand a lot of folks don't care for his antics but you can't deny what he has done on the field. And this is Watson's first full year to start so he has done pretty well with other qb's as well. He recruits talent and he produces on the field. All the other stuff will certainly work against him in some folks minds and that's understandable. I'm not campaigning him to succeed CNS and I personally think he would be a fool to come back to Bama and follow CNS but he is certainly a qualified head coach if you are in the market. My personal opinion is that we won't even have to worry about this for another 5-6 years.

  7. #32
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    35,280

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Maybe I have no heart, but I don't care for my head coach doing this...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  8. #33
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    59,042

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Thanks for the reply. All I really remember from the Dubose era was he seemed to invoke God a lot all while boinking an employee. I have no recollection of Dabo.

    Edit - also a lack of over-site concerning Albert Means
    Let me assure you that, when any staff member makes a statement on here, it has backup, even if it can't be released to the public. You are perfectly free to disbelieve it, if you want, but I think that all of us have been pretty accurate. Perhaps a board with staff you can really trust?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  9. #34
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Jacksonville, Md USA
    Posts
    20,232

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Let me assure you that, when any staff member makes a statement on here, it has backup, even if it can't be released to the public. You are perfectly free to disbelieve it, if you want, but I think that all of us have been pretty accurate. Perhaps a board with staff you can really trust?
    I wasn't doubting you or anyone. Simply asking a question to understand better.

  10. #35
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,179

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    I thought his team played well and his staff coached well. He has elevated the stature of Clemson and done a good job there - but I believe Earle when he speaks this clearly. I do not think he is a good fit for us.

    Who would want to succeed Saban anyway ? Talk about destined to fail, by comparison.

  11. #36
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    First off I don't want his style of offense at bama. No need for it when you can recruit prostyle athletes and game manager QBs. this offensive system has disastrous results if you can't get a high caliber athlete at QB who also has equal amounts of poise under pressure. Even these athletes are capable of having off days. Just imagine what would have happened last night if DW had at about 80% of his level last night? I think you would have seen the national dynamic change on the idea of the spread offense and I would argue it's already changing to a degree.

    Secondly, provided he has similar to better success at Georgia than Richt, I would say we would have a better chance at pulling kirby back even though Georgia is his Alma mater. Kirby has seen the level of commitment Bama will make to win at a high level. I believe kirby will also come to learn as Richt did, that Georgia's commitment to achieve the same is not on the same level.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

  12. #37
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    35,280

    Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    First off I don't want his style of offense at bama. No need for it when you can recruit prostyle athletes and game manager QBs. this offensive system has disastrous results if you can't get a high caliber athlete at QB who also has equal amounts of poise under pressure. Even these athletes are capable of having off days. Just imagine what would have happened last night if DW had at about 80% of his level last night? I think you would have seen the national dynamic change on the idea of the spread offense and I would argue it's already changing to a degree.
    Signing Blake Barnett and Jalen Hurts suggests the offense is going to continue to evolve.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RTR91; January 14th, 2017 at 01:17 PM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  13. #38
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jasper, AL
    Posts
    3,666

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I know you are smarter than that...
    You don't read Bamaro's stuff on the NS board, do you?



    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

  14. #39
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Allen, Texas
    Posts
    7,240

    Re: Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

    Since this isn't NS, I won't spout my thoughts on "plastic" Christians. (To borrow a Frank Zappa phrase.)

    So, I'll just say, no, NO, NO!
    "What's our situation? I'll tell you what our situation is.

    It STINKS! It's cold, it's wet, and we're under heavy fire."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!

Bama Gear up to 60% off!

TideFansStore.com - Fanatics up to 60% off through midnight 6/11!