Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well, I'm reminded of the ole saying, "There's more than one way to skin a cat."

Dabo and CNS's styles are drastically different, but they both are at the top of their field I'd say right now. I'm actually proud that Dabo is having the success he is having.

I think they'll be right back to the playoffs next year and if we aren't in it, I'll be pulling for him!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have no problem with him personally. I did however laugh out loud when he screamed at the ref "We didn't touch the ball!" after the onside kick. If you want to be a respected coach at this level, you should know the rules.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
If CNS retires in 5 years Dabo will be 51. A lot of things can change by then but the way it looks today, he should definitely be considered.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My problems with him go back to the role he played in the Dubose regime. I'm unconvinced he's changed, despite the Bible-thumping...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, I'm reminded of the ole saying, "There's more than one way to skin a cat."

Dabo and CNS's styles are drastically different, but they both are at the top of their field I'd say right now. I'm actually proud that Dabo is having the success he is having.

I think they'll be right back to the playoffs next year and if we aren't in it, I'll be pulling for him!
it will be interesting to see if they end up back in the playoff mix again next year. we were the only repeats this year.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I know one thing he would give it to the aubies down there that's for sure. I loved it when they beat au at Clemson and the interview he did. His players play hard for him it looks like. Hope we don't have to look for a coach for a few more years. RTR

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
I'm troubled by the trash talking players at Clemson. Either Dabo plays an active role in fostering it, or he passively allows it; neither are attractive qualities that I want in a coach.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I know one thing he would give it to the aubies down there that's for sure. I loved it when they beat au at Clemson and the interview he did. His players play hard for him it looks like. Hope we don't have to look for a coach for a few more years. RTR
You're probably right and I'm not criticizing you when I say this, but we have to aspire to greater things than just giving it to the Aubies. Some folks are chapped about Nick Saban's 6-3 record against Auburn, insisting it ought to be at least 8-1 and hold it against him. To me, 4 NCs trumps whatever his record in the Iron Bowl is. I'd rather have Nick Saban's approach to detail which has produced NCs like Hershey's produces chocolate bars, than the Dabo Swinney approach of emotional tricks which might produce a nice Iron Bowl record, but I'm not convinced would produce the kind of hardware we've had under Nick Saban.

No, to answer the OP, my thoughts on Dabo haven't shifted. But I do admit I vastly underestimated their ability. It's personal preference though when it comes to program building. I prefer the Saban method.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Not sure I am a big fan of that "one of the boys" style and I think he suffers from an excess of personality but after last night, I am convinced he can recruit, build, sustain and coach a football game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.