Attitude Shifts About Dabo?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The Tennessee Titans' DC is old as dirt and he still does a great job. Coach Saban could coach a while. Coach Saban's job is different of course but it could happen.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Saying another coach is on the back end of his coaching career is not the worst thing a coach can say when recruiting. Saying it about a coach only 5 years older? That's just stupid.
But it worked. It really worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I know some bad and dirty stuff goes on. I would hope kids of the caliber we recruit, and other good programs recruit, are smart enough to see through the BS. Like I said above, Nick is older, no doubt. But until he loses a step I just do not see his age as much of a weapon. Maybe some kids will buy it, but many coaches have done well into their 70's. As long as saban can win and get guys to the pros, all the rest is pretty lame. At this level kids either want 1 of 2 things, the great players want to go pro.......check. 2 the others want to play their way to a good education....check. The kids that are looking for other things can go elsewhere. At one time many kids avoided schools if they had bad weather or were not party places. Miami and the like used to use the night ife as a good tool. Today the players looking for that kind of stuff we do not need. Party kids usually are not going to be great additions to a team which requires a lot of sacrifice.Again every kid is different, but if age is all they have to hit Saban with they are fighting an uphill battle in my opinion. He looks and carries himself well for his age. Burnout would be my first worry, and Saban lives for football. So I do not worry about that much either. I did love when aubs always talked about his height, just showed how lame they were. Like he was going to be lining up on the line LOL.
The number one player in Ohio bought it, who's to say others haven't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I don't think it's that crazy given Urban's history. Do I think he's close to retirement? Probably not. But who's more likely to abruptly retire in the next five years, Swinney or Meyer? The only thing I can see removing Swinney from Clemson in that time span is the Alabama job opening up.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Dabo may not have been specifically talking about Meyer's age when talking about Urban being on the back end of his career. The spectacle Meyer created with his departure from Florida is open game to be used against him. Heck, we still make fun of it to this day on here. I have no doubt Dabo or any other coach recruiting against Meyer and OSU would possibly bring this up. The guy has already gotten out of coaching one time for health issues. That's not an opinion. That is what Meyer said after leaving UF. I don't think there's a statute of limitations on referring back to that episode Meyer created.

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Dabo is trying to say he doesn't recall what was said in the conversation with the kid. Anyone believe that? I didn't really like his blaming "3:00 AM insanity" as the reason for voting OSU #4 either. Anyone believe that? So twice in the last couple of weeks he's gotten caught not telling the truth. For a man that says he's a devout Christian that doesn't seem like a good thing to do. Carman may have instantly put himself in Dabo's doghouse for revealing that info.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Wow, if this is the definition of “dirty recruiting” by Dabo, then he’s a lightweight at it. Lol, I don’t see anything wrong with this. If that’s what sways a kid, I think the kid was already wanting Clemson.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Wow, if this is the definition of “dirty recruiting” by Dabo, then he’s a lightweight at it. Lol, I don’t see anything wrong with this. If that’s what sways a kid, I think the kid was already wanting Clemson.
The thing is if he says such things about a guy only 5 years older does he tell recruits that Saban is an old man ready for the rocking chair?

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Reminds me of this....."I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The thing is if he says such things about a guy only 5 years older does he tell recruits that Saban is an old man ready for the rocking chair?
If Alabama beats Clemson in 2 weeks, he is going to have to keep Saban's name out of his mouth. But if Clemson wins, Dabo can say whatever he wants. He will have earned it.

Beat Clemson - leave no doubt.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Totally agree...it's not like he's saying something about Urban's mother or something. Add to that:everytime they show Urban on TV he "looks" like he's thinking about retirement with his stressed, tired expressions.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Mine did a lot. I thought he did one heck of a coaching job last night. Plus he actually kept his players under control, unlike the Oklahoma game.
I thought Clemson was more controlled this year than last year.
Dabo has proven himself to be a great coach, and a great recruiter.
I prefer Coach Saban's business like approach to Dabo's Rah-Rah- approach.
At one time I would have said NEVER DABO, now I'll never say never...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With so many of their guys coming back, they have a great chance of making the CFP again next year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
With so many of their guys coming back, they have a great chance of making the CFP again next year.
they came dangerously close to losing more than the syracuse game this year. i wouldn't be surprised if they have 2 + losses at the end of the regular season this year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sounds like Dabo might have a similar situation as we were in with Jalen and Tua. The freshman QB is supposed to be a great passer...not sure how great compared to Tua....but Kelly Bryant was exposed against our great defensive scheme.

Wonder how Dabo manages it.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Sounds like Dabo might have a similar situation as we were in with Jalen and Tua. The freshman QB is supposed to be a great passer...not sure how great compared to Tua....but Kelly Bryant was exposed against our great defensive scheme.

Wonder how Dabo manages it.
I wouldn't mind seeing him manage it to a championship game loss to us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.