Why havent the players carried Coach Saban on their shoulders after winning a title?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Knowing about Coach Saban...he'd probably take the same stance. He doesn't want it to be about him at all.
You really just defined it for me and answered the question. It's not about being in or out of fashion, it's that Coach Saban does not want to be riding on his players shoulders, it's against what he stands for, which is them. The Gatorade I think is a little more celebratory revenge than anything, and it cracks me up, it's an event in itself.

The odds are pretty good he can get his 7th at Bama, and that calls for a ride. It will be treated by the media like 315.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Betcha $10 that he may not look like it, but he enjoys every Gatorade bath he gets! I know I do, because that means we won! :wink:...and carrying him on the shoulders to me just doesn't fit Saban's persona?...JMO

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
He probably said, "Under no circumstances"....if I had to guess
I think you're spot on. I know one thing for sure...he does NOT enjoy the Gatorade baths one single bit :eek2:
I knew Henry was going to the NFL for obvious reasons, my wife was less certain. When I saw him getting ready to dump it I looked at my wife and said, "See, I told you he was leaving early."

Last edited by a moderator:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I can guarantee you that CNS will be carried off the field after his last game at Alabama...assuming it's been announced that it is his last game.

Other than that, I don't ever see him being carried off.

As far as the Gatorade baths, even if he makes it seem like he doesn't like them, he most certainly does love why they happen. That cold and sticky soaking means you just won the national championship and you just got a very handsome bonus. In the moment, I'm sure it's not fun getting doused and being cold. But that discomfort fades very, very quickly.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
It's called the National Title.That's what you win when you are the best team in college football for the year.And championship was too many characters to fit into the thread title.
OK, I'll stop being childish and pretend I don't see the last word in the Re: immediately above. Apologies.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I can guarantee you that CNS will be carried off the field after his last game at Alabama...assuming it's been announced that it is his last game.

Other than that, I don't ever see him being carried off.

As far as the Gatorade baths, even if he makes it seem like he doesn't like them, he most certainly does love why they happen. That cold and sticky soaking means you just won the national championship and you just got a very handsome bonus. In the moment, I'm sure it's not fun getting doused and being cold. But that discomfort fades very, very quickly.
That is what came to my mind.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Not a big deal, but I was a little surprised it was Henry that dumped the Gatorade on Saban after the big game. It doesn't seem like the most respectful thing a player could do.

I think a trip around the field on the players' shoulders would be much better.
Donte Hightower dumped it on Saban in 2011 and Barret Jones dumped it on him in 2012, so I don't find it weird that a CAPTAIN of our team wanted to that this year, and I don't know how it's disrespectful but whatevs. Maybe they should just get a big bucket of confetti and dump it on him in the future. Just as fun but doesn't leave him feeling wet and sticky thru about a hundred post game interviews.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The Gatorade thing was cool for a while, but it has run its course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Gotta love Bama fans arguing about whether or not they like their coach getting Gatorade poured on them after winning a national championship.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The Gatorade thing was cool for a while, but it has run its course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This belongs in the #bamafanproblems thread. And it's genuine. Yep, having to watch those Gatorade baths......down right tiresome! lol

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.