Link: *** RB Josh Jacobs Signs With Alabama ***
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

*** RB Josh Jacobs Signs With Alabama ***

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1719332/joshua-jacobs

keep your eye on this kid. Alabama staff will see him this week.
    a true sleeper in this class due to not attending many camps.

here is the breakdown from BOL:

"Rushed for 2,704 yards and 36 touchdowns his senior season. One of his mentors told me last night the reason he hasn't received more attention is because he didn't hit the camp circuit very hard and "Oklahoma and Oklahoma State did a poor job of recruiting their own state."
    Big programs are starting to take notice, as Ohio State requested his transcripts, Missouri is expected to offer this week and Arkansas inquired for more information. OU and Ok. St. are also showing increased interest as well.
    Jacobs is on Alabama's radar and there is a chance the staff will travel to Oklahoma to see him this week.
    The mentor told me yesterday that Alabama is the school he wants to play at and he believes Jacobs could be a great compliment back to Bo Scarbrough next year with legit 4.4 speed. Also runs a 10.5 in the 100. "

2. Advertisement

Re: 2016 RB target Joshua Jacobs

A 10.5 in the 100 is moving on.

BamaNation All-American

Fine by me. We could use another quality back based on experience with injuries the last few years.

BamaNation All-American

Very impressive tape, and if the stats on 247 are accurate, he ran for about 15 yards/carry, which is pretty unreal (even if a lot of that came from qb carries).

But he looks a bit smaller than listed, and it's always hard to evaluate what you're seeing with a recruit from a less talent-rich state, like Oklahoma.

BamaNation All-American

Re: RB Joshua Jacobs Updates

Me thinks this is the guy we sign when Pennymon sticks to Ole Miss...

FB | REC Moderator

This is a kid who has really blown up late in the process after not receiving much publicity for the longest. He needs to add some weight, but it's easy to see the upside here, because he runs with the physical presence of someone 10-15 pounds larger.

Jacobs won't get top billing, but if we end up signing this kid, you won't hear me complaining.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1719332/joshua-jacobs

keep your eye on this kid. Alabama staff will see him this week.
    a true sleeper in this class due to not attending many camps.

here is the breakdown from BOL:

"Rushed for 2,704 yards and 36 touchdowns his senior season. One of his mentors told me last night the reason he hasn't received more attention is because he didn't hit the camp circuit very hard and "Oklahoma and Oklahoma State did a poor job of recruiting their own state."
    Big programs are starting to take notice, as Ohio State requested his transcripts, Missouri is expected to offer this week and Arkansas inquired for more information. OU and Ok. St. are also showing increased interest as well.
    Jacobs is on Alabama's radar and there is a chance the staff will travel to Oklahoma to see him this week.
    The mentor told me yesterday that Alabama is the school he wants to play at and he believes Jacobs could be a great compliment back to Bo Scarbrough next year with legit 4.4 speed. Also runs a 10.5 in the 100. "

Wow. I watched his tape for 1 minute and stopped after seeing him de-cleat 2 safeties instead of trying to make a move. I like that mentality and he can get bigger in the S&C program. Will be interesting to see who we get at RB coming down the stretch.

Looks good to me.

BamaNation All-American

Oh for crying out loud.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

He's sudden.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

After watching his film I hope we take this kid.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team

That kid's speed is significant.
    ‘I can’t really say that you’re going to come in here and start. You’ve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays.’ CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Goodness..His film is as impressive as I've seen this year, the way he cuts on a dime while in traffic is fun to watch, not many RB's can make those cuts & not lose speed making those cuts..You can't teach those kinda moves, it's just comes natural, I'm as impressed with this kid as I am the rest we're recruiting..Hope he comes to Bama..