Re: ***RB Josh Jacobs commits to Bama***

Needed this guy for depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

I thought I had heard he had just earned a 4th Star? Maybe there wasn't consensus? It looks like the system he was playing him held his evaluation back more than anything. We can work with those tools though.
He was pressed into QB duty this season. I like that. Put his team ahead of himself.

If you look at his junior year RB tape (link), you will see that he was seriously quicker and faster in his senior year.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recr...htexas/Rivals-Spotlight-Joshua-Jacobs-1135466

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL

After reading that, you certainly hope the kid does well and is very successful. But my question is, how in the world in this day and age did his tape not get out before it did. It was like nobody had seen him. Saban said he never heard of him or saw him until after the national championship game. It sounds like someone dropped the ball in helping him get his information out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

After reading that, you certainly hope the kid does well and is very successful. But my question is, how in the world in this day and age did his tape not get out before it did. It was like nobody had seen him. Saban said he never heard of him or saw him until after the national championship game. It sounds like someone dropped the ball in helping him get his information out.
Coach apparently didn't get his tape out early and help him with recruitment. Plus, he reportedly didn't go to many camps, where the services or college coaches could see him.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Coach apparently didn't get his tape out early and help him with recruitment. Plus, he reportedly didn't go to many camps, where the services or college coaches could see him.
If his coach is anything like our HS coach, our coach holds all the recruiting material from the boys during the season and doesn't pass it on, as a result, a lot of kids who had offers, have them pulled because the teams offering haven't heard from the boys. Its a D move by our head coach. He says he wants the boys to stay focused on the team/season. I get that, but why would you take away that moment from them as well?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Read in one of the Tulsa papers yesterday where Josh's AVERAGE per carry last yr was over 15 yds/ carry. He did not compete in the highest classification in the state, but that's still outstanding imo and virtually unheard of. With his speed and elusiveness, I could see this kid making big plays in space/productive on short passes and jet sweeps.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Read in one of the Tulsa papers yesterday where Josh's AVERAGE per carry last yr was over 15 yds/ carry. He did not compete in the highest classification in the state, but that's still outstanding imo and virtually unheard of. With his speed and elusiveness, I could see this kid making big plays in space/productive on short passes and jet sweeps.
Here's a story datelined in November. Perhaps the one you saw.

"He breaks long runs almost at will and averages 15.7 yards per carry. He leads eastern Oklahoma in rushing this season with 2,444 yards and 29 touchdowns.

In a heartbreaking loss to Cascia Hall two weeks ago, Jacobs ran for a staggering 455 yards and six TDs on 22 carries. In a six-week stretch, he averaged 306.2 yards per game.
Against Cascia Hall, he had scoring runs of 76, 72, 65, 56, 14 and 5 yards. He also had an 88-yarder nullified by a penalty."

McLain RB Josh Jacobs leaving defenders in his dust, but flying under college recruiters' radar

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If Harris becomes the #2 RB then Jacobs could become your next return man for either punts or kickoffs.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Here's a story datelined in November. Perhaps the one you saw.

"He breaks long runs almost at will and averages 15.7 yards per carry. He leads eastern Oklahoma in rushing this season with 2,444 yards and 29 touchdowns.

In a heartbreaking loss to Cascia Hall two weeks ago, Jacobs ran for a staggering 455 yards and six TDs on 22 carries. In a six-week stretch, he averaged 306.2 yards per game.
Against Cascia Hall, he had scoring runs of 76, 72, 65, 56, 14 and 5 yards. He also had an 88-yarder nullified by a penalty."

McLain RB Josh Jacobs leaving defenders in his dust, but flying under college recruiters' radar
Went back and looked it was actually the Feb 2 online edition of the Tulsa World(Two days ago). Sorry couldn't provide a link, but it said he averaged 15.1 yds/carry for the season. The other info you mention is accurate though.

Last edited:

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

That is a must read story. This young man will be a success in adult life, and is already an outstanding youth. Congratulations to him and his Father who obviously taught him valuable lessons under tough circumstances.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.