DL Rashan Gary Signs With Michigan

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Re: DL Rashan Gary Updates

Hugh Freeze and Dabo- doing their thing. This kid's mother is something else.
He has an uncle that lives about 15 minutes from Clemson. I'm assuming Clemson is playing the family close by angle. They have told him he can line up anywhere on the D-Line. They are that hard up for this kid to let him pick where he plays.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/T...could-visit-two-schools-this-weekend-43194761

“We’re still going to Alabama,” Coney said. “I don’t know how it’s going to work, we’re leaving Thursday. We’re definitely going to Clemson first. That’s the guarantee. If we were able to make it to Alabama we do, if we don’t we don’t. Rashan wants to go to Clemson. He wants to go to Alabama too but he said most importantly he wants to go to Clemson.”

I won't hold my breath. all things considered, Gary is heading to Michigan to play football. IMO, if they do make it to Tuscaloosa, it will be more of a courtesy and respect to a program that has recruited him the longest. But Alabama under Nick Saban isn't going to bend over backwards to offer you friends or hire your HS head coach just to get you to sign with the Crimson Tide.

I wouldn't expect him too either. we are ALABAMA.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/T...could-visit-two-schools-this-weekend-43194761

“We’re still going to Alabama,” Coney said. “I don’t know how it’s going to work, we’re leaving Thursday. We’re definitely going to Clemson first. That’s the guarantee. If we were able to make it to Alabama we do, if we don’t we don’t. Rashan wants to go to Clemson. He wants to go to Alabama too but he said most importantly he wants to go to Clemson.”

I won't hold my breath. all things considered, Gary is heading to Michigan to play football. IMO, if they do make it to Tuscaloosa, it will be more of a courtesy and respect to a program that has recruited him the longest. But Alabama under Nick Saban isn't going to bend over backwards to offer you friends or hire your HS head coach just to get you to sign with the Crimson Tide.

Here here! I`ll be extremely surprised if they appear in Tuscaloosa.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Agreed, he is going to Michigan and he's not coming to Bama. We need to move onto next man up. Great talent but sometimes you can't get everybody you want.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

He may or may not be a part of this class but you just never know. No one expected A'Shawn a couple of cycles ago nor Reed from what I remember. That was true for Lacy too. You just never can tell who is going to be out there with an offer finally realizing they have a chance to play for Saban and National Championships. Maybe Rashan Gary will be a nice signing day surprise. I sure hope so anyway.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

He may or may not be a part of this class but you just never know. No one expected A'Shawn a couple of cycles ago nor Reed from what I remember. That was true for Lacy too. You just never can tell who is going to be out there with an offer finally realizing they have a chance to play for Saban and National Championships. Maybe Rashan Gary will be a nice signing day surprise. I sure hope so anyway.
Hope he's not lying awake in his cold dorm room in a couple years when we are playing for NC's thinking, "man! what have I done, that could have been Rashan Gary playing for the NC instead of playing for these wannabe's".
Harbaugh will probably be hunting for an NFL job in a year or two. In years to come people will be asking "what was it like @ Alabama and playing for Coach Saban"? I can't imagine anyone asking what it was like playing for Coach Harbaugh.
My sister and her family came down for a visit this past summer from Detroit, Michigan. I asked "how is Coach Harbaugh"? They all looked at me with a blank stare, "who". I told them, "never mind". They had answered my question.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Unfortunate we don't get the visit but maybe the staff will be able to place their energy elsewhere. The mom thing feels like a can of worms anyway.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Unfortunate we don't get the visit but maybe the staff will be able to place their energy elsewhere. The mom thing feels like a can of worms anyway.
She definitely is looking out for her son the way she feels is best for the both of them........Good luck to them. Sometimes your sold a shiny rock and sometimes you are sold a diamond.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

She definitely is looking out for her son the way she feels is best for the both of them........Good luck to them. Sometimes your sold a shiny rock and sometimes you are sold a diamond.
I understand that and agree were fine without this one. But it feels a bit like the Phillip sims thing from a few years back. Best to luck to them of course. Personally I hope he ends up at Clemson just because of harbaughs tree climbing and sleep overs.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

I understand that and agree were fine without this one. But it feels a bit like the Phillip sims thing from a few years back. Best to luck to them of course. Personally I hope he ends up at Clemson just because of harbaughs tree climbing and sleep overs.
cant disagree....

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

You are one more optimistic person

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He has an uncle that lives about 15 minutes from Clemson. I'm assuming Clemson is playing the family close by angle. They have told him he can line up anywhere on the D-Line.
Realistically, that is exactly what you should do with his talent...:cool2:

Last edited:

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

We were close in the few days adding up to NSD with Nkemdiche
and Clowney and neither worked out. We will win with or without him. RTR

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Gary Eliminates Alabama and Auburn

I watched a show on ESPN today about a handful of top recruits. Man, these kids are total egomaniacs. Gary and his mother were the first profiled. Just strange. Hard to believe that coaches like Saban are able to manage egos like that. 17-18 year old kids already rich and playing in the NFL in their own minds.

tide13

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2002
Birmingham
Re: Gary Eliminates Alabama and Auburn

Love that we didn't have that mentality this past season. Easy to see why Saban loved this group!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.