Welcome to the SEC, Michigan

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
"But it is certainly done by all the schools who are serious about winning national titles. When Michigan agreed to pay Harbaugh $7 million per year, it signaled that it wanted to be one of those teams. And Harbaugh cannot beat those teams while riding on the high horse some Michigan fans still think the school still sits upon. That means cutting kids from the class and from the existing roster to create more room, and it means taking academically questionable entrants -- the same kids SEC schools worry about getting qualified. Will Michigan fans be cool with having the same standards as Ohio State or Alabama? I think Harbaugh's alumni status will give him leeway in this area that Rich Rodriguez did not receive a decade ago."

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/26/10832614/jim-harbaugh-michigan-recruits-drop-scholarship-pull

I think it is so funny that the Top two teams in the B1G are finding they will have to endure the same accusations that we live with. High horse. I like that! :biggrin2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The change is a result in the shift in contributions. In the past, the vast majority of contributions to OSU and Michigan have come from alumni who placed earmarks on the money with a clear academic purpose. The money went to general scholarships, or scholarships for specific schools within the universities - or building associated with either. Now the money is earmarked for other purposes - much of it athletic. Our biggest contributors are now boosters with a keen interest in athletics. They want to "help" make decisions in those areas, not academic areas.

A big change that forces each school to prioritize differently.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.