NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

I agree.

We need people who will talk the talk as well as walk the walk of living a Christ-like existence like Mother Teresa. Looks like honesty (the Truth), and integrity are lacking in most areas of human life. I guess a Mother Teresa-like coach wouldn't win many football games, but I'd rather play for one that had CHARACTER instead of just being a character.
Mother Teresa said:
“Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrow, suffering are but the kiss of Jesus - a sign that you have come so close to Him that He can kiss you.”
Blessed be the Junction Boys

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The story behind Hugh Freeze's exit at Ole Miss

30 minute interview with Dan Wolken and Hugh Kellenberger. Well worth the listen.
On the topic of the phone call -

Nutt's attorney, Mars, requested phone record for only six days. Six days out of the 5 years Hugh Freeze had been coach. Easy to see how Ole Miss would then discover a pattern when looking at the entire picture instead of just the six days requested.

Wolken points out that Freeze didn't make another phone call for 12 minutes after his "misdial." How often does one do that? Typically if a person misdials a number, the person quickly dials the correct number. He didn't. Also, there are no numbers similar to the one he dialed.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Editorial from the Oxford Eagle....not something the OM fans in denial (almost all, I know) will want to see.

http://www.oxfordeagle.com/2017/07/21/hugh-freezes-moment-of-truth/
Yah, I posted an article from CBS earlier which had the same conclusion - how can the school claim he's a man of great character and would't knowingly cheat when they were prepped to fire him for what boils down to cheating on the person he vowed to be with (and only with) un tis death?

I think this just went from bad to worse for OM.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Wonder what OBMS has to say. Except for a brief comment on p. 140, immediately after the resignation was publicly announced, he's been laying low.

Sure would like to hear his thoughts.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I put ***blue font ***.

I just thought it was funny that Al.com reposted an ostrich article.
When the DailyMtnEagle page shut down, I emailed with John Archibald about the site. He said that he was the one trying to talk the guy into writing articles for al.com. Shortly thereafter, they unveiled The Ostrich.

gvilleBAMA

Scout Team
Mar 13, 2006
Picture this: Ole Sis calls a press conference in a few months to announce their new head coach. The stage is set and below the podium sits a pine box. As the AD talks about the search and their need to go back to having a "Oxford Man" the pine box busts open and old wingnut Tuberville sits up, grins and says i'm back! - A guy can dream, right?

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Picture this: Ole Sis calls a press conference in a few months to announce their new head coach. The stage is set and below the podium sits a pine box. As the AD talks about the search and their need to go back to having a "Oxford Man" the pine box busts open and old wingnut Tuberville sits up, grins and says i'm back! - A guy can dream, right?
Well now that he's decided not to run for governor of Alabama :rolleyes:, he is available, right?

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Well now that he's decided not to run for governor of Alabama :rolleyes:, he is available, right?
I was initially very confused as I have absolutely no recollection of typing that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.