NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned) - Page 113
Page 113 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1363103106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,457 to 1,469 of 2728

Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Quote Originally Posted by CoastGhost View Post
    So ... do we get our 2 Chad Kelly losses back?
    We only lost to Chad Kelly once.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC rolltide7854's Avatar

Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

You mean the "Pat Dye" program that Aubarn uses?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Rule #1 of buying players: Pay everybody. Pay in green cash, small bills. Pay them enough to tolerate being publicly thrown under the bus and still keep their mouths shut.

Apparently, the Bears either didn't pay Nutt and Farrar enough to take the current heat, or left them off the payroll altogether.

Cheap or stupid. Take your pick.

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

How long does this continue to drag out?
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Pat Forde was on finebaum today. He seems to think Ole Miss will release something by the end of the week and its not going to be as pretty.

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

"I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    How long does this continue to drag out?
    Latest word out of north Mississippi and off the North Shore of New Orleans; Ole Miss is starting to hear from several well healed boosters named in the NOA (amended) that the information about them is untrue and if the University releases the information they will be sued for libel. The ethics commission has already ruled that redacting the information is not the school's right and that the school must comply with the Freedom of Information request. My bet is they don't release anything.

Erebody startin' to lawyer up. This might get really, really fun. I mean Tommy Gallion, Fat Phil type fun.
    Last edited by OBMS; June 5th, 2017 at 08:19 PM.

FB|BB Moderator

This is going to make the North Carolina case look quick.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by OBMS View Post
    Latest word out of north Mississippi and off the North Shore of New Orleans; Ole Miss is starting to hear from several well healed boosters named in the NOA (amended) that the information about them is untrue and if the University releases the information they will be sued for libel. The ethics commission has already ruled that redacting the information is not the school's right and that the school must comply with the Freedom of Information request. My bet is they don't release anything.

Erebody startin' to lawyer up. This might get really, really fun. I mean Tommy Gallion, Fat Phil type fun.
    Of course it's not.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Rule #1 of buying players: Pay everybody. Pay in green cash, small bills. Pay them enough to tolerate being publicly thrown under the bus and still keep their mouths shut.

Apparently, the Bears either didn't pay Nutt and Farrar enough to take the current heat, or left them off the payroll altogether.

Cheap or stupid. Take your pick.
    Don't rule out "both".

Quote Originally Posted by OBMS View Post

Someone help me here. How would Ole Miss be guilty of libel for releasing the NOA, which was written by the NCAA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Someone help me here. How would Ole Miss be guilty of libel for releasing the NOA, which was written by the NCAA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, Ole Miss can't be held accountable for releasing something by force of law which they did not write. Those people could sue the NCAA, but not Ole Miss, unless their names were added by Ole Miss.

BamaNation First Team

Libel defined entails "publishing". NCAA will never publish even though they wrote it. By law, a public University must "provide access" to information subject to the Freedom of Information Act. My bet, Ole Miss's lawyers will recommend they not release it at all until the COI meeting is over and sanctions are announced, regardless of what the toothless Ethics Commission says. By the time they wrangle through the courts, it will be long over.

This is nothing more than what Ole Miss has continued to do for the past five years. Anything to delay.
    Last edited by OBMS; June 5th, 2017 at 11:12 PM.