NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Do you know if the coach would have received notification? I do not.
I do not know, but it would make sense for Nutt to have some communication with the NCAA about it if he really is at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

I do not know, but it would make sense for Nutt to have some communication with the NCAA about it if he really is at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking. Couldn't the NCAA slap Nutt with a show cause if he was at fault? Or is that just a punishment used in basketball?

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Nutt sounds a lot like Wimp Sanderson, who is not someone you would mess
with.[/

The only people that should be scared of the Wimpster are his female secretaries. Lol

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

That's what I was thinking. Couldn't the NCAA slap Nutt with a show cause if he was at fault? Or is that just a punishment used in basketball?
I think that it depends on what you mean when you say that it was his fault. Do they have evidence that points to his knowledge of the events taking place, or is there evidence that he should have been aware of those events? If not - if he kept himself at arms length from this stuff - then the findings would be against the school, not the coach. Most finding have been against the school, not the coach.

Tressel did himself in by lying and getting caught. That resulted in a finding against him personally and tied everything back to him. He knew and he covered it up, and they could prove it.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

Not exactly what they claimed before signing day that the football violations were mainly under Nutt.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Not exactly what they claimed before signing day that the football violations were mainly under Nutt.
Imagine that.... The "right reverend" Hugh Freeze would never mislead a prospective student athlete.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Ole Miss football cited in 13 of the 28 violations. Some of those violations Level 1 - which the NCAA considers serious.
Does that mean the NCAA will be very angry with Ole Miss? And will the NCAA write Ole Miss a letter telling them how angry they are with Ole Miss?

Is it so serious that Ole Miss will actually have a hire a lawyer before telling the NCAA to go pound sand?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I wonder if recruits that just signed with Ole Miss can jump ship since they were pretty much lied too to get their signatures..Something tells me Freeze wasn't straight up with them as to how serious this is or will be..

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I wonder if recruits that just signed with Ole Miss can jump ship since they were pretty much lied too to get their signatures..Something tells me Freeze wasn't straight up with them as to how serious this is or will be..
Meh, the cash and gift cards have probably already been spent or used up. That bed is made, they'll have to sleep in it now.

Roll Tide!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

There is nothing specific enough in that article to have me worried if I were an Ole Miss fan. Every school self reports lots of stuff every year. At least some of this appears to be that type of stuff. As for the more "serious" stuff - it could all be about Tunsil for all we know. If they have to vacate a few wins, will they really care? It's not like they won a championship of any kind in the last few years.

At any rate, they have their class in now and I am still not convinced that anything substantive will come of this.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

There is nothing specific enough in that article to have me worried if I were an Ole Miss fan. Every school self reports lots of stuff every year. At least some of this appears to be that type of stuff. As for the more "serious" stuff - it could all be about Tunsil for all we know. If they have to vacate a few wins, will they really care? It's not like they won a championship of any kind in the last few years.

At any rate, they have their class in now and I am still not convinced that anything substantive will come of this.
Heck I didn't think the NCAA had enough to hammer us during the Means fiasco, but everyone on this board knows how that turned out.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

That was before "can't we all just get along" became NCAA mission statement.
Yep. The NCAA of today bears almost no resemblance to the one that existed at the time of the Means fiasco. If anything comes out of this that in any way would fit the description of a "hammer" , I`ll be more than a little surprised. IMO, you have to be in the Sandusky/Penn State strata of issues before the NCAA really pays attention. Then again...... who really knows? Perhaps they`ll return to their unpredictable and capricious ways. At some point you have to do something about something in order to be considered even semi-credible as an organization, it would seem.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

It's interesting to me how AD Bjork had no problem immediately throwing Houston Nutt under the bus when the notice of allegations leaked out. I seem to recall him saying the majority of the alleged violations in football occurred under a previous staff. And now we find that nine of the thirteen relate to Freeze and his staff. Hmmm.. they must be using that common core math I keep hearing about over in Oxford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.