NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
NW MS rumor mill says-------I can't state for certain----difficult to track who knows what for sure and can put names to the offenses;
There are at least 4 different known "mistakes", at least one of which has living proof and some of which involved administrators or spouses of such. This is another of those shiny things I talked about. It doesn't matter but they were forced to let him go while at the same time trumpeting how virtuous he was. That is one of the big reasons this just gets more and more unbelievable and funny. Oxford folks have not been able to understand for more than a year now how some of these could be kept secret and out of the newspaper. And the fact that Nutt has them backed into a corner over how they responded to the NOA (throwing someone else under the bus) is a scream.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I wonder if Finebaums opinion leans more toward Freeze's behavior all the way back when he was at the HS level? It barely got mentioned, I only saw it suggested a few times on FB. But supposedly after Freeze's resignation some young ladies took to twitter suggesting some inappropriate behavior during the years while they were in HS. Normally a man who force feeds his faith into as many microphones as he can get in front of his mouth is normally hiding something. There's no telling the skeletons in this man's closet.
Loose lips sink ships and he's proven he can be very tight lipped, that's why guys like him get these jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bjork stating "this has nothing to do with NCAA investigation" makes me think that he had Vitter both had worries what other issues Freeze could have "in that closet" that could present as an NCAA issue.
You can tell Bjork is lying because his lips are moving.

Does anyone suspect Freeze's conduct, whatever it was, bordered on (or crossed over into) criminal? I guess I could be wrong, but I don't think Freeze walks away from a $16 million buyout over anything less serious. And if it is criminal, and OM is still covering it up for him, watch out.
I think it's both - I'd not be at all surprised to hear he was hiring prostitutes for recruits, some of which were likely under 18.

I also suspect there is more to it than just hiring hookers - I'm betting phone records would show a distinct pattern of Freeze's involvement with buying players.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I can't figure out if I'm watching a drama, a suspense thriller, a comedy - or all 3 at the same time.

Only thing missing is MS native Morgan Freeman's narration....

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A double barrel disaster. Cheating Scandal and Sex Scandal. I'll bet when this is all over everyone involved will wish they had just admitted their cheating. Prolly many divorces would have been avoided.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hugh Freeze crawled through 500 yards of the foulest smelling crap I can't even imagine....only in this case it was his own....

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
If even half of what I've heard out of Oxford is true a 30 for 30 is guaranteed.
I have not been keeping up work this story at all other than a here or there. I'm gonna have to take a day or two and read back a 100 pages or so.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
If even half of what I've heard out of Oxford is true a 30 for 30 is guaranteed.
Problem is you can't tell this story in a one hour episode. This saga needs one of those miniseries documentaries like the ones CNN has been doing by decade. Somehow the miniseries North & South seems a more appropriate model to go by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Problem is you can't tell this story in a one hour episode. This saga needs one of those miniseries documentaries like the ones CNN has been doing by decade. Somehow the miniseries North & South seems a more appropriate model to go by.
The 30 for 30 about SMU ('Pony Excess') was 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.