NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
IF that were proven to be accurate and true, I personally can`t imagine the NCAA having any other choice than to close the program. IMO, that would take LOIC not just to another level, but to another galaxy.
OB has been dead on in this thread. He's close enough to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yep, didn`t say that they would do it, just said that I couldn`t imagine them not doing it. Couldn`t imagine at the time that they wouldn`t do the same for Louisville.
The difference is that, as far as I'm aware, Louisville wasn't under the gun for anything else. Not saying other stuff didn't happen...just that the NCAA wasn't on it.

OM, however, is under fire for a bunch of other stuff.

That said, I long ago gave up trying to predict what the NCAA will do. I've been wrong far more often than right. Thought we wouldn't get hammered. Wrong. Thought USCw would skate. They got hammered. Thought Auburn would get pounded on Cam. Wrong. Thought PSU might get shut down. Wrong. Thought Louisville would get gutted. Wrong.

Now, I think OM should get hammered. Based on my track record, figure they'll accept the self-imposed sanctions.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
IF that were proven to be accurate and true, I personally can`t imagine the NCAA having any other choice than to close the program. IMO, that would take LOIC not just to another level, but to another galaxy.
None of this comes close to SMU in terms of violating the amateur athlete paradigm.

As far as I can tell, Ole Sis didn't have written contacts with their players.

In terms of a dollar amount, buying a hooker for a recruit isn't any different than a few $100 handshakes. Of course, the illegality makes it a much bigger moral and ethical issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
None of this comes close to SMU in terms of violating the amateur athlete paradigm.

As far as I can tell, Ole Sis didn't have written contacts with their players.

In terms of a dollar amount, buying a hooker for a recruit isn't any different than a few $100 handshakes. Of course, the illegality makes it a much bigger moral and ethical issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Well, while I agree that Mississippi was not nearly up to SMU level of cheating, providing hookers for recruits does open up a lot of other issues. For one, a lot of recruits are 17 years old or younger. For another, if Hugh was involved in moving women across state lines in connection with, well, you know, that's a federal crime.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Well, while I agree that Mississippi was not nearly up to SMU level of cheating, providing hookers for recruits does open up a lot of other issues. For one, a lot of recruits are 17 years old or younger. For another, if Hugh was involved in moving women across state lines in connection with, well, you know, that's a federal crime.
Yeah - the sex trafficking angle is huge.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
While fun to speculate about, I really don't think anything will ever stick. The MSU people have speculated the details and how the Inn at Oxford is involved (and it is). But no one can come up with anything that can be quoted so there will be no "stories" written. It will most likely remain speculation.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
What I bet is that there are a bunch of coaches deleting calls and a bunch of schools doing phone record audit; so they don't get caught with their coaches pants down.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
What I bet is that there are a bunch of coaches deleting calls and a bunch of schools doing phone record audit; so they don't get caught with their coaches pants down.
How are they going to delete calls? The cell company records the call right away and you can't delete it.

Like I said a few pages back, I think Mr. Innocent likes the ladies a little too much. It ties along with his conquests at Briarcrest.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We need that mushroom cloud pic here, ASAP. Being investigated and still doing illegal stuff. LOIC for real.

P.S. Don't .... Forde off, dude is going for blood like some crazy ex girlfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.