NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Heck I didn't think the NCAA had enough to hammer us during the Means fiasco, but everyone on this board knows how that turned out.
UNC, Auburn, and Miami have proved we're dealing with a kindler, gentler NCAA now.

I suspect Alabama will go down as the last massive blast from the NCAA.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

UNC, Auburn, and Miami have proved we're dealing with a kindler, gentler NCAA now.

I suspect Alabama will go down as the last massive blast from the NCAA.
.... A distinction you'll never find in the Bryant Museum.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hugh Freeze took to Twitter to provide some advice for all of the Ole Miss faithful:

No one likes being between the"Egyptian Army &the Red Sea" if U are in a tough place, Take Heart. No test=No testimony. Keep calm & Carry On

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

It's interesting to me how AD Bjork had no problem immediately throwing Houston Nutt under the bus when the notice of allegations leaked out. I seem to recall him saying the majority of the alleged violations in football occurred under a previous staff. And now we find that nine of the thirteen relate to Freeze and his staff. Hmmm.. they must be using that common core math I keep hearing about over in Oxford.
That was just to get them through NSD, it seems. If I were any of those players who just signed after being lied to, I would be looking to transfer. What is Freeze going to ask of them next? Hold the rope?

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Hugh Freeze took to Twitter to provide some advice for all of the Ole Miss faithful:
"No one likes being between the"Egyptian Army &the Red Sea" if U are in a tough place, Take Heart. No test=No testimony. Keep calm & Carry On"

Now, what the blazes does that supposed to mean?! Hey, keep your mouths shut and no one can prove anything? Remember Cam Newton? Only his Dad knew for sure. Move along, nothing to see here.

Roll Tide!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

"No one likes being between the"Egyptian Army &the Red Sea" if U are in a tough place, Take Heart. No test=No testimony. Keep calm & Carry On"

Now, what the blazes does that supposed to mean?! Hey, keep your mouths shut and no one can prove anything? Remember Cam Newton? Only his Dad knew for sure. Move along, nothing to see here.

Roll Tide!
Hugh "Father Moses" Freeze talking in code. Telling all his loyal black bear land shark colonel rebs to "meet up in Cairo, Mississippi to help recruits cross the Olive Branch to Promised Land of Oxford".

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek

Annnnddddddd the nzaa will announce that due to the violations in oxford...the university of Alabama will have to forfeit 9 scholarships, 2 of the last 4 National Championships (their choice) and all recruiting championships (cause we all know the good hugh freeze won them anyways).

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Hugh "Father Moses" Freeze talking in code. Telling all his loyal black bear land shark colonel rebs to "meet up in Cairo, Mississippi to help recruits cross the Olive Branch to Promised Land of Oxford".
Bless you.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

There is nothing specific enough in that article to have me worried if I were an Ole Miss fan. Every school self reports lots of stuff every year. At least some of this appears to be that type of stuff. As for the more "serious" stuff - it could all be about Tunsil for all we know. If they have to vacate a few wins, will they really care? It's not like they won a championship of any kind in the last few years.

At any rate, they have their class in now and I am still not convinced that anything substantive will come of this.
On Finebaum, they said that one of the allegations against Nutt was ACT score fraud. Previous staff or not, that's serious.

More to the point, between that and having allegations across so many sports and staffs, how can Ole Miss avoid a charge of Lack of Institutional Control?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

On Finebaum, they said that one of the allegations against Nutt was ACT score fraud. Previous staff or not, that's serious.
Most likely this.

More to the point, between that and having allegations across so many sports and staffs, how can Ole Miss avoid a charge of Lack of Institutional Control?
Not to mention they are still on probation for previous violations with another sport.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If they can tie any of this directly back to the coaching staff (present or past), it probably means scholarship reductions. It is one thing to discover that boosters are out of control. But when you "prove" that the school knew and didn't take appropriate action, you risk the hammer.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Roll Tide!
This kind of response from Freeze really chaps my hide. You can tell by my sig line I have no problem with people expressing their faith. But what Freeze just did with that comment completely cheapens and degrades the faith that I personally would die to defend. He's saying it like this is some kind of test of faith to go through this situation for the Ole Miss people. Listen buddy, you created your own mess here. This is no "test of faith" Mr. Freeze - this is Nathan telling David "You are the man!" (2 Samuel 12 if you don't know what talking about). I hope they get nailed for sure now.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Well, you see, there are these people called "lawyers."

DollarTaker

Suspended
Jul 17, 2015
Destin, FL

Didn't Nutt admit one of his assistants was the cause of what could have been linked to his tenure during his interview? The guy was fired I am pretty sure under Nutt. The Ole Mrs. guys in the gym today were pretty bummed and said "its been a good run." From what I can tell they are pretty juiced in alumni,have suites at the crappy stadium and condos in the crappy town.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

From what I'm hearing from my OM guys, they aren't worried. Maybe lose a couple of scholarships, but nothing serious.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

From what I'm hearing from my OM guys, they aren't worried. Maybe lose a couple of scholarships, but nothing serious.
They may not be the most objective observers, but I'm inclined to agree.
The Barn showed the way: deny, deflect, lawyer up. And the Barn defanged the NCAA.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com

This kind of response from Freeze really chaps my hide. You can tell by my sig line I have no problem with people expressing their faith. But what Freeze just did with that comment completely cheapens and degrades the faith that I personally would die to defend. He's saying it like this is some kind of test of faith to go through this situation for the Ole Miss people. Listen buddy, you created your own mess here. This is no "test of faith" Mr. Freeze - this is Nathan telling David "You are the man!" (2 Samuel 12 if you don't know what talking about). I hope they get nailed for sure now.
Maybe Bro. Freeze should cue up the old gospel tune, "Sin Will Take You Farther Than You Want To Go".

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Maybe Bro. Freeze should cue up the old gospel tune, "Sin Will Take You Farther Than You Want To Go".
Takes me back to the Dubose religious themed Auburn presser. I have it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.