NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
When someone at Ole Miss finally steps up and takes charge and tells the truth and shows the humility the NCAA is expecting.
Otherwise the NCAA will drag it out as long as Ole Miss keeps lying.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Quote - In August, University of Mississippi athletic director Ross Bjork assembled the football team’s coaching staff in a meeting room. He handed out a form that asked the coaches to disclose whether they had used personal phones, including “prepaid phones, pay as you go, burner, etc.” for recruiting or any other work-related purpose....

Of the 29 people who filled it out, the school says, none reported using a burner, prepaid or pay-as-you-go phone during their time at Ole Miss.

They still can't quit lying --- even when they know the burner phones were not not destroyed.
But to be fair, only a handful of the people on the list who utilized the phones were still employed there in August.
Andrew Beaton, the author of the story says the coaches polled were current staff from all sports(link shortly)---the only people they had power over to demand they fill it out. Bjork is still spinning and until they quit the NCAA will just continue to allow them to hang themselves.

Quote - ...Mars said he has a sworn affidavit testifying to Freeze's use of burner phones, in violation of NCAA rules.

Ole Miss boosters going nuttzzzzzz trying to figure out who gave that testimony. It could be as many as 15 or 20 different people.

Quote - "Our coaching staff understands the scrutiny that we've been under," Bjork said in an interview. "We want to be proactive and organized"

A little late for that don't cha think?

Quote - He (Bjork) adds that the school and its internal monitoring systems haven't uncovered any evidence to support the claims about burner phone usage.

The same internal monitoring system that couldn't find Tunsil's loaner cars in the player parking lot or the one that didn't know boosters were texting coaches about paying players?

There is so much fun in this story, I have to stop for a while.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Now that all the talking is over...
It's time for the NCAA to put up or shut up.
I wonder whether they have the stones to do what is required.
We will see...

It's not a question of if OM gets hammered, it's more like how hard, and for how long.
(Sounds like ANIMAL HOUSE...) There are other similarities too.
If the punishment is only a symbolic tough penalty...
The NCAA will have lost this game and future ones also.

IMO: OM want get the DEATH PENALTY, but it will have to be something stiff enough to discourage further cheating.
(Make an example out of them...)
Maybe they will get double secret probation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
interesting
’m interested in the 29 number. It says Ole Miss “distributed the phone declaration form to the football staff,” that 29 people filled it out, and that all said they never used another phone.First off – this is like a professor asking the class if anyone cheated on the test. If you say yes, you fail. That’s ridiculous to ask the current staff if they are using burner phones because if they answer “yes” then they’re likely to be fired right then and there.
There are only 10 coaches that can contract recruits from a school. But Ole Miss felt the need to get 29 members of the football staff to fill this out.
The glaring issue here is the 29 names does not include former staff members, from what I read in the story. That means it does not include people like Hugh Freeze, Barney Farrar, Chris Kiffin, and others that were named in the alleged NCAA violations. I asked Andrew on the podcast about the 29 number, and about the form.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Yes---but----Ole Miss now has "evidence" that they do, in fact, monitor their staff's use of phones and that evidence can be used in their favor regardless of the inane nature of their monitoring activity. Just like ISO in the business world----can you prove you monitored? Too bad you burned down a thousand square miles-----but you were technically "in compliance" so it's OK.

How I hate people who are all about CYA with no integrity. That is Ross Bjork in a nutshell. No intent to do things right (his bosses/boosters won't let him) but intent on covering his rear while the all of LaFayette County burns down around him.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Yes---but----Ole Miss now has "evidence" that they do, in fact, monitor their staff's use of phones and that evidence can be used in their favor regardless of the inane nature of their monitoring activity. Just like ISO in the business world----can you prove you monitored? Too bad you burned down a thousand square miles-----but you were technically "in compliance" so it's OK.

How I hate people who are all about CYA with no integrity. That is Ross Bjork in a nutshell. No intent to do things right (his bosses/boosters won't let him) but intent on covering his rear while the all of LaFayette County burns down around him.
Yes and the feathers on his chin are evidence that the fox was guarding the hen house...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This sounds really bad for Ole Miss...

“I love this conference and this is where I make most of my living, but I really fear what is about to happen,” Finebaum said. “These two schools meet on Thanksgiving, that’s not what I’m talking about. Somewhere probably after that, because I’ve heard that the committee is not going to release the findings before the game for the safety of everyone.”
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...-fear-happen-ole-miss-mississippi-state-saga/

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sankey needs to get on top of Ole Miss now because I can already tell that they're gonna try to line up honeypots to bring down Mississippi State.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Below is a copy and paste of my post on page 71 of this thread---December 2016.
This is the reason the NCAA, for the most part, accepted Rutgers self imposed punishment.

December, 2016

Comparison time----------news in the last two days of a NOA at Rutgers.

Note how differently these two things have been reported and handled. In Mississippi the largest newspaper in the state has consistently spouted the company line as given them by the UM athletic department. They have pushed the theory to the entire state that there is nothing to see---the school has complete control. We have heard NOTHING from the administration because the administration was placed in their positions by the people running the athletic department and were not allowed to be involved. Freeze and Bjork were placed in front of the cameras to pitch the athletic department's position and to proclaim Ole Miss's exemplary cooperation with the NCAA. Not a word from the school or the administration.

In the Rutgers case we first learn of the NOA in information provided to the media by the school immediately after receipt of the NOA. They didn't have to wait on Rutger's lawyers to respond before they could know of the allegations.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...gers_ncaa.html

That report was immediately followed up by a letter from the school president detailing the charges and what the school had done (past tense) to correct the issues. The administration was involved and led the cooperation and was still hit with a "failure to monitor" charge.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ter_on_po.html

Exemplary cooperation my eye------------The way Rutgers handled their level 2 allegations will cause Ole Miss more problems than they already had. Now there is a relevant comparison of what cooperation is and what involvement by the school administration is, by a BIG10 school, no less. Ole Miss went 5-7, lost to Vandy and MS St and their problems haven't even started yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.