NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned) - Page 136
Page 136 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3686126129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,768 of 2728

Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA Reply - Page

To those jolly rogers who want us to return to a respectful la la land rivalry with Tennessee--take note. And barely a blip on the radar as Phat returns to Tennessee.
    Back to Ole Miss.

2. Advertisement

Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA Reply - Page

I don't really think there is such a thing as precedent when it comes to the NCAA. Their objective is to make money. Their only real revenue stream is from the NCAA basketball tournament (mostly TV money). The two constituencies they must please to keep the money coming are their TV partners and the universities/conferences...more especially the Power 5 conferences and universities that the TV partners care about.

To justify their existence, they must police the member institutions in a way that seems meaningful but that doesn't offend their key constituencies to the point that the P5 conferences decide to withdraw and police themselves, establish an alternative sanctioning body, or (horror!) pull the plug on the basketball tournament and set up their own event, along the lines of the College Football Playoff. Rather than justice, their goal is avoiding as much embarrassing litigation as possible.

They want to avoid dishing out the kinds of punishments that will get too deeply into the pockets of the conference and the TV partners. They aren't going to dish out another death penalty (especially to a Power 5 team where it would cause fits for conference television contracts). They aren't going to declare Cam Newton ineligible before a big championship game. They will move against a program when a consensus develops within a conference that a program should be knocked down a few notches.
    Defense STILL wins championships. RTR!!!

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

NCAA compliance committee:

"I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    To those jolly rogers who want us to return to a respectful la la land rivalry with Tennessee--take note. And barely a blip on the radar as Phat returns to Tennessee.
    Back to Ole Miss.
    I remember when Fulmer was finally served with a subpoena. What became of that? I don't remember hearing any outcome.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team bamaman2988's Avatar

Freeze in trouble

Look's like Hugh could be getting the ax soon. Being reported that job is in jeopardy and decision to be made soon.

Re: Freeze in trouble

When Pat Forde posts it, you know something's coming. Goodness...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

BamaNation Hall of Fame

We throw a lot of shade at the media, but when it comes to reporting, Forde and Wolken don't play around. As plugged in as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    We throw a lot of shade at the media, but when it comes to reporting, Forde and Wolken don't play around. As plugged in as anyone.
    Yah, if either of them post something I take notice. When both do, I know something is happening...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

14. July 20th, 2017, 06:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    As we saw with Nutt's filing last week, Hugh ticked off more media members in three weeks than Saban has in years. They're now getting their payback.

And here it is...

-- Coach Bryant