NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Someone commented before that what will probably happen is CHF will claim plausible deniability in the matter and simply take the next train out of Oxford (job offer) before the sword drops. Or maybe nothing will come of it. NCAA has lost its bite lately.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I'm trying to decide which must hurt more. The star recruit's comment or the NFL reporter who shoulda done a mic drop after his line.
IIRC, Ian Rapoport used to cover Alabama football..

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

Bet they're wishing they hadn't been so vocal about beating Bama two years in a row. Same thing happened when SMU beat a highly-ranked Texas team. I'm not saying that makes a program dirty (upsets happen), but it usually means something somewhere is fishy.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Came to post this... I know the NCAA seems to have no teeth, but lets see if they put dentures in long enough to do something about Ole Mi$$
Something was not right with their recruiting pecking order, it defied logic. I have a "suspicion" that the NCAA had so much bad press, from pulling Heisman's, SCAM, Miami out of control, and the worst pedo's running the show, that they kind of backed off a little. Yes, the same people that started our 10 years, yes a decade of probation started over a napkin, just for perspective of their recent passive nature, was in hiding. Ole Miss took advantage of this and will get hammered, and of course, Dan Mullen will come out smelling like a rose, he does it the right way.

Last edited:

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

Big news. After paying everyone else, here comes the Piper.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Arkansas OL Dan Skipper, who reportedly visited Ole Miss a few years ago as a recruit, tweeted:

Lol saw that one coming

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

Deys still millionaires in the house, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Several folks posting on Twitter that Ole Miss is under repeat offender window for Women's basketball violations in 2013. Why would you try to cheat in women's basketball? lol

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

My OM fan friends are all whistling past the graveyard. I like some of them, but would be delighted if Freeze was exposed for what's been up to...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

My OM fan friends are all whistling past the graveyard. I like some of them, but would be delighted if Freeze was exposed for what's been up to...
Yup..I scanned The SECRant (yes I feel the need to shower after going there) for a few mins..The Black Bear Fans says it all relates football wise with Coach O & his coaching staff..And they're for sure the NCAA was on campus so long investigating the Ladies B'Ball Program mostly..You can't make this stuff up..LOL

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Well, you could push me down with a feather. I am so surprised. My flabber has been gasted. Tell me it ain't so. How could the NCAA ever imagine that the 5 stars decision to choose Ole Myth was incentivized. BTW, kudos to the Nazis for springing this Letter of Allegation just before signing day.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Well, excuse me for being a party pooper but I just don't think much will get done. This is just a minor nuisance for NCAA (to be swept under the rug) as they try to push the members to be more like those fine students at Missouri. Note I did not use blue font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.