NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned) - Page 2
Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 1234567891252102 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Quote Originally Posted by Loam View Post
    Hotty Toddy
    Hopefully recruits realize what OM might be in for and "Drop it like it's Hot(ty Toddy)"

2. Advertisement

Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

about time!

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

So, how many years of probation will we get?
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    I doubt much will come of this but at least they are getting some negative publicity. Hard to believe a place like Ole Miss is signing top talent nationally when they have never been significant.
    FIFY.
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own, to do as I please."

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post

I'm trying to decide which must hurt more. The star recruit's comment or the NFL reporter who shoulda done a mic drop after his line.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

But ..... but ..... Freeze is soooo likeable. That is the reason he is so good at recruiting
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar

Someone commented before that what will probably happen is CHF will claim plausible deniability in the matter and simply take the next train out of Oxford (job offer) before the sword drops. Or maybe nothing will come of it. NCAA has lost its bite lately.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    I'm trying to decide which must hurt more. The star recruit's comment or the NFL reporter who shoulda done a mic drop after his line.
    IIRC, Ian Rapoport used to cover Alabama football..

BamaNation All-American

" Good afternoon, Mr. Scruggs. We`re from the NCAA".

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPassion's Avatar

Bet they're wishing they hadn't been so vocal about beating Bama two years in a row. Same thing happened when SMU beat a highly-ranked Texas team. I'm not saying that makes a program dirty (upsets happen), but it usually means something somewhere is fishy.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    Came to post this... I know the NCAA seems to have no teeth, but lets see if they put dentures in long enough to do something about Ole Mi$$
    Something was not right with their recruiting pecking order, it defied logic. I have a "suspicion" that the NCAA had so much bad press, from pulling Heisman's, SCAM, Miami out of control, and the worst pedo's running the show, that they kind of backed off a little. Yes, the same people that started our 10 years, yes a decade of probation started over a napkin, just for perspective of their recent passive nature, was in hiding. Ole Miss took advantage of this and will get hammered, and of course, Dan Mullen will come out smelling like a rose, he does it the right way.
    Last edited by Sabanizer; January 29th, 2016 at 03:33 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    " Good afternoon, Mr. Scruggs. We`re from the NCAA".
    Unless they have the IRS and FBI in tow, I doubt they'll get much out of him.