NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I wanted to ask OBMS a question while we are waiting for the COI to lower the hammer on ole miss. the question is: how clean or dirty is miss state. They were right in the middle of the Cam Newton mess, Leo Lewis signed with miss state even after ole miss paid him thousands of dollars and I remember Jeffrey committed to us the night before NSD a couple of years ago and yet the morning he signed with miss state. Just wondering?
Sorry, been away for a few days. They have their hangers on, just like everyone else in the conference. But their problem children are not program controlled, coaching staff friendly, and systematic like the problems in Oxford. Just opinion and what my local interaction says.

The issue with Cam was that Auburn got in on him through Bo Jackson and it just so happened that Bo's running buddy was former MSU player Kenny Rogers. Once that relationship blossomed, Cecil was gonna get paid. Just a matter of who.

As for Simmons, imagine a 5 star defensive tackle that everyone in the world wants and lives in Northport going anywhere but Alabama. Noxubee County high school is less than 20 miles from MSU and the pressure for him to stay home was really strong. Kind of like Tony Conner at South Panola several years ago---he really wanted (so they say) to go to Alabama but too much family pressure caused him to go to Ole Miss. Do I think some shady things happened in each situation? Sure I do, but I think they are no worse than anyone else in the conference and not nearly as bad as some.

Last edited:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Just finished reading through the suit. Wolken has link to it on his Twitter time line.

All I can say is how critically stupid this looks to be in terms of Bjork and the Ole Miss PTB NOT settling. Are this people really this arrogant and out of touch? Never mind. I know the answer.
This is what I've been hinting at all along. Bjork doesn't have the authority to settle anything. Vitter has only been there two years and is a computer science guy. A computer nerd in charge of setting straight 60 years of booster control----really? He understands NOTHING about SEC football and the politics of such and has no clue about the PR hit this is going to be. As opposed to other places where the Board of Trustees would quickly convene and solve the PR nightmare, Ole Miss is under the the direct supervision of the IHL (Institution of Higher Learning) who serves as the Trustee for ALL schools in Mississippi---to include Ole Miss, MSU. Southern MS, Jackon St., Alcorn, etc...so they have no interest in proactively protecting Ole Miss from a PR hit. They would only be asked to get involved once the fire has already burned everything down.

Can you imagine the PR hit the IHL would take from in-state if they offered to settle this lawsuit with money that would come out of the pockets of the other schools in the state?

The fact that the suit includes the IHL and the Ole Miss Foundation means they are just now becoming involved and they have no interest in protecting Ole Miss any more so than they are trying to protect any other school under their trusteeship. If this gets settled, it will be at the insistence of the Foundation and at their expense. And that group has been the issue the entire time. Those are the people supplying the phones. Those are the people working the back channels. Those are the people wielding influence. Those are the people who put Vitter and Bjork in their positions. And they are the Network behind the arrogance being seen. Mississippi bumpkins playing football at the expense of their own school. Think Logan Young X 1000.

The true academians who are running the school have much more important things to do, like changing the mascot based on what 4000 voting students want.

Last edited:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Wow... Ole Miss and Houston Nutt have agreed to a settlement.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/920033419643576320

Note that the statement came from the University and that the Foundation and IHL were not mentioned or heard from. IHL is subject to Freedom of Information Act requests; Foundation is not. Where do you think the $$$ came from to settle this? IHL is the adult in the room and was only (finally) drawn into this last week when Mars included them in his filing. They let the school and Foundation both know that they better get this done. And with another non-disclosure clause so no one will ever know how much.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
North Mississippi rumor mill ripe again, already. Says that at least one current Ole Miss player has hired Tom Mars to represent him in filing suit against Ole Miss for fraud.
Stay tuned.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is another thread which has moved far beyond the original topic, although the title has been updated. Let's start a fresh thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.