NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

I'm thinking nothing comes of it other than some secondary violations. We will see. It is interesting the timing of this not too long before NSD. Doesnt hurt my feelings any though lol

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Maybe the NZAA will surprise me, but I think they've been neutered. Mississippi will lawyer-up, deny everything, and end up losing one scholarship and in-home basketball recruiting (ladies) for a season. The only people I know that didn't think something was fishy about the recruiting class that is now winding up eligibility were Mississippi fans.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I don't understand the "NCAA is going to sweep it under the rug" thing. It's the NCAA that is doing something. Little late for sweeping.
Absolutely right. Even in its weakened state, the NCAA just reminded everybody that it still knows how to build a car bomb.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

I wonder if the NCAA is going to continue Ole Miss' lifetime ban from the SEC Championship game.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

This is much ado about nothing (unfortunately from what I've heard) in regards to football. I don't expect much to happen, but hopefully this starts the dominoes in the proper order.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I predict they hammer the women's basketball program and the Ole Miss track team.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

May be little to it in regards to football, but at least it might keep OM on the NCAA radar somewhat, and they get some bad press over it to some degree. I posted in the recruiting forum about how well-liked Freeze is by HS coaches (BTW I have direct info on that) but that doesn't mean he's squeaky clean, and neither are their boosters.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I tend to think something will come of this. The NCAA is sending a signal by releasing this right before signing day. I seems to me that it is just Ole Miss "spin" to say that it is about stuff before Freeze arrived.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

I tend to think something will come of this. The NCAA is sending a signal by releasing this right before signing day. I seems to me that it is just Ole Miss "spin" to say that it is about stuff before Freeze arrived.
You may very well be right. It's a little funny because if you read the article, Freeze all but dared anyone to snitch on them via Twitter. You're just asking for it doing that kind of stuff.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

So the Grove reeks of impropriety? Does a Rebel Black Bear squat in the woods?

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

SIAP...here is a link to the ESPN article regarding the Ole Miss charges. http://espn.go.com/college-football...d-multiple-rules-violations-three-sports-ncaa

My favorite part...
"Many of the allegations are either not connected to the football team or predate coach Hugh Freeze's arrival......"This is a fraction involving our current football staff," a source told ESPN.com. "Some of those things we've already self-imposed some penalties around and already dealt with. This just happens to be part of a broader process."

If "many" of the allegations predate Freeze's arrival, that means that some have occurred since he has been there. If "some" have self-imposed penalties, then some have not been properly addressed.

If I am a top recruit with hopes for the national spotlight in bowls and CFP games, I am running away from Oxford and telling my 4 and 5 star friends to do the same.

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

Can we say Ole Miss just got, wait for it....Blind Sided?

Thank you, I'll be here all week. *drops mic, runs off stage to a chorus of boos'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Maybe the next team to achieve a win streak against us will think twice about throwing that last min td rec?

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

OM's lawyers will contact the NCAA and threaten a civil suit claiming damages for any sanctions against OM athletics. They will file in Oxford. The NCAA will back down and the investigation will end. It is the Auburn $Cam model and one that has drawn all the teeth from the NCAA's enforcement division. Given that the long term prognosis for the investigation is poor, probably the only real damage that the NCAA will do is by announcing this right before NSD to scare off some recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.